TL-WN722N extremely unstable operation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-11 08:52:02 - last edited 2019-11-13 07:47:19
Model: TL-WN722N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I used a TL-WN821N V5 adapter to connect to a hotspot on my mobile. I switched to TL-WN722N V3, got the latest driver for Windows 10 (64), installed it correctly, but the card's operation is extremely unstable. It either shows that there are no networks available (although I'm perfectly sure there are); or shows the networks, but whenever I'm trying to connect it says "cannot connect to that network"; and sometimes it does even connect, but drops the connection after a short while, and after that again it says that there are no available connections. As a result, I decided to revert to TL-WN821N V5. I uninstalled the driver for TL-WN722N V3 and installed the driver for TL-WN821N V5 again, but now the problem is also there for the old TL-WN821N V5! Exactly the same symptoms, although before installing the new adapter everything worked perfectly.

I followed instructions described here:

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-cant-connect-this-network/

apart from the last one - get another adapter. I'd appreciate any comments or ideas about what else I could do, if not to use the new adapter, then at least to be able to use the old one. Thanks in advance!

Iloris

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WN722N extremely unstable operation-Solution
2019-11-12 07:38:48 - last edited 2019-11-13 07:47:19

@Kevin_Z

Hello,

Thank you very much for prompt reply. The problem has been solved and the solution that worked was the last one of those you provided - change of the USB port from black to blue did the trick. I did try it before, but I changed from one black port to another black port. Apparently, the devices won't work on these, which I wasn't aware of.

Kind regards,

Iloris

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WN722N extremely unstable operation
2019-11-12 06:43:58

@Iloris 

We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

How often does it happen? How do you make it back to work?

What about the wireless signal strength? How far away does it from the main router?

What about other wireless devices? Do they have the same issue?

Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like the wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz.

Try to reinstall the driver from the official website. 

Besides, try to change another USB port or another computer to do a comparison analysis. Below is an instruction you can refer to as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2241/

Have a great day.

Options
Re:TL-WN722N extremely unstable operation-Solution
2019-11-12 07:38:48 - last edited 2019-11-13 07:47:19

@Kevin_Z

Hello,

Thank you very much for prompt reply. The problem has been solved and the solution that worked was the last one of those you provided - change of the USB port from black to blue did the trick. I did try it before, but I changed from one black port to another black port. Apparently, the devices won't work on these, which I wasn't aware of.

Kind regards,

Iloris

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-WN722N extremely unstable operation
2019-11-13 07:46:55

@Iloris 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it works finally.

Now you can enjoy the wireless connection with this USB adapter. 

If need more help, please be free to let us know.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2538

Replies: 3