RE450 - cannot connect to source network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-12 20:10:40
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20160727 Rel. 63203

Hello,

I have been using this range extenmder successfully for several years but recently, I noticed that the 2.4 ghz and 5G leds were off. Here i what I tried:

1. I tested and restarted it trying to use WPS to synch with my router but it did not succeed
  2. I connected to it in ethernet and tested source network detection but it never saw my network
  3. I manually configured it but still it did not connect
  4. Looked at logs and saw many instances of this error: "2.4/5GHz failed the connection to the front end, due to: Scanning failed." 
  5. Did a hardware reset but still same error

Next, I will look for firmware update next but afraid the hardware is broken...

I am about to give up. Any ideas ? 

Dan

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE450 - cannot connect to source network
2019-11-13 02:43:20

@danico 

Hi Dan, from the log error, the RE450 failed to scan the main router's wifi, that is why it failed to connect to the main router. 

Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router first, including the wireless channel, for 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 and 11, and use channel 36, 40 and 44 for the 5GHz. 

After that you can reconfigure it as the instruction below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re450/#video 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

Note: This time, please login to the web UI of the RE450 to set it up. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-14 08:10:35 - last edited 2019-11-14 08:11:14

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your answer! So my router auto-selects channel 13 for 2.4 GHz because others are too encumbered in my building. 
Will that never work ? Is this a hardware or firmware issue ? 

Options
2019-11-15 06:01:12

@danico 

In my opinion, the wireless channel can be customized; have you ever tried to change another wireless channel of 2.4GHz and 5GHz? 

Can RE450 detect other wireless networks? If it can, then it won't be a defective unit. Instead, to make it work, try to adjust the wifi settings of the main router to give it a go.

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-24 22:09:07 - last edited 2019-11-24 22:09:34

@Kevin_Z I just think this repeater should function regardless of channel... Apparently it doesn't.

Options
2019-11-26 10:29:36

@danico 

I can get your point, while cause the repeater cannot detect the SSID with channel 13, you can give it a go by changing the wireless channel to 1 or 6/11 to verify whether it can be detected.

If it works with other channels, then we can make the range extender work at first, and then we can record this case and forward it to our product department. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5901

Replies: 5

Related Articles