Backup file changed my password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-14 03:50:13 - last edited 2019-11-14 09:33:23
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest Version

Hello

I recently upgarde my C7.

Since there were so many configurations  i made backup file(config.bin) from webUI.  ID/PWD was default.

After upgrade i uploaded the backup file, i can no longer access webUI by admin/admin.

Is there any way to find password by backup file?

Since there are so many configurations to set I don't want to factory reset.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Backup file changed my password
2019-11-14 09:33:14 - last edited 2019-11-14 09:33:23

@SungMin 

What is the current firmware version of the Archer C7? And do you remember the previous one?

Is there any error message when you entered the admin/admin to login? 

Besides, I'm afraid that there is no other way to get the password. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-15 01:10:51

@Kevin_Z 

It just says I got the wrong password.

I don't remember the previous version but I remember the year was from 2014.

Current version is Archer C7(KR)_V2_180305

Options
2019-11-15 03:44:37

@SungMin 

Thanks for your reply, I tried to find the original firmware on the official website but no avail, and then I checked our datasheet and there is a firmware released in 2014, which is 140909, it should be the universal version. 

Did you remember the system language of the previous firmware? 

We suspect that the reason why password does not work is that the huge differences between the previous and current firmware; cause there is no other way to find out the login password, I'm afraid that you need hard reset it and then set it up manually. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-01 10:15:30 - last edited 2020-04-01 10:16:05

@Kevin_Z 

I have a similar issue.

I have TL-WR841N v8. I had firmware: TL-WR841N_V8_140724 and made a backup of config.

Then I updated it to: TL-WR841N(UN)_V8_170210 - this operation reseted router to defaults, so I restored the config.

All settings seem to be restored (router is working), but I cannot log in using old password, nor default password (admin/admin).

Is it normal behavior? Can I solve it in any other way than resetting router to defaults and creating config manually?

Thanks!

Tomasz

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 868

Replies: 4

Related Articles