Archer C7 Internet Intermitten lost connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-14 05:01:34 - last edited 2019-11-14 05:02:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101(4555)

Hello,

Need some tips to solve my issue. Internet lost/drop intermitten no specific timing. It just drop and reconnect randomly. Happen on Cable and Wifi connection. Checked with ISP and they also notice my network is not stable. Did the port reset on their side. Still the same. Done power/reboot/recycle still the same. Change cable between modem to router also the same. Any idea what to do next.

Thanks.

Basj

Options
13 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Internet Intermitten lost connection.
2019-11-14 07:37:19

@Basj 

May I know who is your ISP?

What is the light status of the C7 when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

Note: Please click here to check the IP address and default gateway with your devices connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. 

At that time, please login to the web UI of the Archer C7 and take a full screenshot of the Advanced-status page; and go to advanced-system tools-system log  to save and export it to us. 

Besides, how do you make it back to work temporarily? And have you ever enabled the QoS or any advanced features?

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-14 09:10:39 - last edited 2020-05-21 09:06:54

@Basj 

Hello

ISP : TMNet(Malaysia)

The light status when the connection drop is orange.

When connection down. All device no internet.. cable and Wifi.

Not really sure if I can connect direct to modem since the modem also carry in TV signal (HyppTV Package) And the Router is use to splits between TV and Internet.

Here the screenshot on Advance status when it is connected

System log is attached.

As I said i is intermitten on and off. When it work. It work. but if I am downloading big files using FTP some times it just stop halfway and fail the xfer. My skype also cutting off and on..

QoS is off.

Advanced features.?? I don't think. Which area.?

Thanks

Basj

File:
Archer C7 syslog-2019-11-14.logDownload
Options
2019-11-15 02:35:23

@Basj 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

The orange led is the internet led which means the internet is not available. 

If possible, please show us a screenshot of the Advanced-status page of Archer C7 when it lost connection.

Besides, when C7 stops working, you can unplug it from the splitter and connect your computer to it. If it need PPPoE connection, you can dial up the broadband connection on laptop to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

For the advanced features, it includes parental control, USB sharing and so on. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-15 02:54:35

@Basj 

Hello again,

I can confirm its the Archer C7 issue. Since I replaced it with my Old Asus router and I have no connection issue. Internet Cable or Wifi working without issue. So what should I do next? Claim warranty?

Thanks

Basj

Options
2019-11-17 16:01:46

@Basj 

Any other suggestion for me to try before consider this as user unserviceable and proceed for warranty claim (RMA)?

Thanks

Basj.

Options
2019-11-19 04:31:26

@Basj 

Just an update.. for people that might have similar problem. Good news, for now, atleast, my Archer C7 is working again. What I did?... I don't really know.

But here some steps I remember, what I did and it working again.

1) I switched this router with my old one. The Archer C7 inactive for few days. Cooling off period (I guess)

2) Reconnect it, thinking, last go before warranty claim, but still, quickly I found out it still intermitten internet disconnect.

3) Just went through the advance setup one at a time. Until I get to IPv6 setup. I disable it. Save it. Reboot router. And boom... problem solved. Get back stable internet and no more drop internet. Download big files no more pauses. And speedtest give me stright graph. Before it was normally 2 drops. Usually start high.. than 1/3 throught it drop to half speed and than its will be another drops later..

4) Turn IPv6 back on and the speed still working without any internet drops.

So for me, I don't really know what went wrong. For your info I did factory reset before all these.

Anyway, I still not sure, the problem might come back later, will report back if it does.

Thanks

Basj

Options
2019-11-20 06:29:30

@Basj 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that it works well now.

It is hard to say what is the root cause. 

You can take more time  to test its performance, any updates, please keep us posted. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-20 19:51:32

Im having this problem too and in my case is pretty hard to track since it may happend a few times in one day or none. But when it happened i was sure that the problem was the router and not the ISP.

Im using the last firmware and the device is V5, another thing to add is that in the firmware that came as stock when this happened every web i tried to load it said something like "WAN Unplugged" with the TP Link logo.

These drops only last for 4/5 sec in my case and then it starts working again.

Options
2020-01-02 13:32:34

@Basj C7 is a big #$%...

I'm return it to the vendor today... 

TP-link suport, is the same...

Options
2020-02-15 09:47:43

@Basj, I'm wondering if the problem returned or not... I'm facing the same issue since I bought that router and didn't find any solution on the internet to now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10163

Replies: 13

Related Articles