home size category vs high power models

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-14 12:02:05 - last edited 2019-11-15 14:49:53

Hello,

Honestly I am not gettting the High power model concept and this is not helping me chosing a router

For example TP-Link TL-WR941HP, it says high power and go through walls yet it is designed for small-medium homes, doesn't going through solid walls means ability to cover more area?

On the other hand Archer C7 is not high power model and is designed for medium-Large homes

So I have walls that is killing signal in my home and the total distance I want to reach is 30 meter /100 feet (distance between router and PC)

Which of these can do this job? how would you descibe each one ability for my case?

TP-Link TL-WR941HP vs Archer C7 vs Archer C6

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:home size category vs high power models-Solution
2019-11-15 05:35:06 - last edited 2019-11-15 14:49:53

@Poltivx 

Hello, the TL-WR941HP is the high power wireless router with the high gain antenna, while it is still a single band router. For the small -medium homes, it can be used to boost wifi network; and the wifi range is 20 meters theoretically, which varies due to the modem, distance, obstacles actually.

And the Archer C7 is the dual band router, which is more powerful than the TL-WR941HP on hardware settings. And the wifi range is about 15-20 meters cause the 5GHz is more likely to be affected by the distance/obstacles. 

Back to your case, considering the actual network request, you can consider the mesh network, like the Archer C7/A7 V5 with a range extender (both support onemesh) or the Deco. 

Below is the compatibility list of onemesh and the releated info about Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/ 

https://www.tp-link.com/deco/

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:home size category vs high power models-Solution
2019-11-15 05:35:06 - last edited 2019-11-15 14:49:53

@Poltivx 

Hello, the TL-WR941HP is the high power wireless router with the high gain antenna, while it is still a single band router. For the small -medium homes, it can be used to boost wifi network; and the wifi range is 20 meters theoretically, which varies due to the modem, distance, obstacles actually.

And the Archer C7 is the dual band router, which is more powerful than the TL-WR941HP on hardware settings. And the wifi range is about 15-20 meters cause the 5GHz is more likely to be affected by the distance/obstacles. 

Back to your case, considering the actual network request, you can consider the mesh network, like the Archer C7/A7 V5 with a range extender (both support onemesh) or the Deco. 

Below is the compatibility list of onemesh and the releated info about Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/ 

https://www.tp-link.com/deco/

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:home size category vs high power models
2019-11-15 14:48:01

@Kevin_Z 

Ah thanks for explaining Kevin_Z

I noticed that diagram of home of Archer C7 on TP link websites does not show it covering all home but using extenders to so (can't find page again), I wish Tplink would make it easier for people by explaing these things on webpage, like using aprox meters like you did, that would save me a lot of hassle, most people even me don't get technical terms.

Both of them have good reputation with people, will try one and see.

Side note:

The site is weird, once I login I see no posts for me or notes then suddenly they appear, I am not sure why is that.

Options
Re:home size category vs high power models
2019-11-18 01:01:52

@Poltivx 

Thanks for your reply, it is glad to help.

For the site issue, it works at our end, you can keep an eye on it, if it happens again, you can show us a short video if possible and ensure that you are in the EN site, not US site, they are isolated from each other. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2235

Replies: 3

Related Articles