Mix with Deco P* and TPLink Power Line

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-15 13:56:02

Dear all, 

i'm looking to invest in Deco P9 solution.

I prefer the P9 Solution because it will be more flexible to install the different AP.  We are living in old house and I only have some part of the house with ethernet cable and I'm not sure the diffrent AP will see each other.
For the moment, i'm using the wifi of my internet on one part and and a TPLink Archer C7 on the other part. 
Both are linked with PLC (Tplink 1200Mbps).
If I invest on P9 Solution can I still use my PLC for the link between the provider modem and the rest of the network? 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mix with Deco P* and TPLink Power Line
2019-11-18 02:17:15

@Squally 

The powerline feature on the Deco P9 is used for powerline backhaul only, it cannot pair with other powerline adapters. 

But they can still work together, the Deco P9 acts as a regular wireless router and you can connect the powerline adapters to it to extend the network. 

For example, you can connect the TP-Link powerline adapter to the Deco and relocate the second adapter to boost the wifi network/provide ethernet connection.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 1

Related Articles