Archer C6 WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C6 WAN
Archer C6 WAN
2019-11-16 03:42:54
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

I recently bought Archer C6 router to extend my fiber network. My EPON  ONU is on a different floor due to cabling issues and I need to connect a long LAN cable (cat 6) of about 50feet from ONU to router. With this setup, my router doesn't detect the model at all. I keep getting error saying WAN disconnected.

If I connect the router with a short cable of about a meter length to modem, it connects perfectly.

Ceiling on lan cable is also fine and I have tested by connecting a laptop.

Is there any limitations of the router WAN connection cable length? Could you please help how can I get this working.

Thanks,

Suresh

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 WAN
2019-11-18 05:54:29

@SureshP 

Theoretically, the 50 feet cable can be handled by the Archer C6.

It seems that the attenuation of the ethernet cable is too severe to be detected by the router. 

Try to change another ethernet cable and verify whether it works and try to connect the modem to the LAN port with the same cable to check whether the LAN led comes on. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-18 15:19:05 - last edited 2019-11-18 15:19:50

@Kevin_Z Thanks for quick response. I have tried connecting LAN port as well, no luck. Router doesnt detect any existance of modem across all ports.

Issue occurs only when i connect modem to Archer C6 using the 50 feet ethernet cable.

But my laptop picks up the network if connected at same point.

One point I missed to mention is PPPoE is configured in router and not in modem.

Am I missing something, how can I get this network working?

Thanks,

Suresh

Options
2019-11-19 01:17:05

@SureshP 

Thanks for your reply. 

Per I mentioned before, the Archer C6 can handle 50 feet ethernet cable, and all the ports on C6 cannot detect the modem, I'm afraid that there is something wrong on the cable or the interaction between the cable and router. 

Have you ever tried to change another 50 feet cable to give it a go if you have? 

Still the same, you can contact the retailer to change another one and test whether it works; otherwise, I'm afraid that the cable itself is the root cause. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-19 03:29:20

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin. I didnt try with another cable as I thought the cable is fine since laptop is able to connect using same cable.

I will try to get another 50ft cable and try once if it is the cause.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1142

Replies: 4

Related Articles