Please configure your DNS server manually error? Please read this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Please configure your DNS server manually error? Please read this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Please configure your DNS server manually error? Please read this.
2020-04-01 18:50:30 - last edited 2020-04-01 18:51:34

@Sandymerson 

If you haven't already start by updating the router to this if you are in the UK

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-vr2800/#Firmware

Not that this will be the issue anyway but give yourself the best conditions possible.

I'll await your reply on what the actual problem is.

Options
2020-04-01 18:51:15
Frequent drop outs on both wired and wireless. When you run diagnostics it says “please configure your DNS manually”
Options
2020-04-01 18:55:52
I have updated Firmware to latest version with no improvement
Options
2020-04-01 18:59:08 - last edited 2020-04-01 19:04:29

@Sandymerson 

First thing to check is that your connection is stable, you can see this in the router page - Advanced -> Status, you want to be able to see figures that approach the isp speed you have paid for, generally if the upstream is at least 800kbps and the down higher this won't be your problem,

Other less obvious things are if you have too many wifi connections using up the bandwidth so if you are a mum with three kids all on Netflix this will break your connection, and the last easy checks are the dsl filter on the line and the cables to and from the router for proper plugging in and condition of the cable, especially worth checking if you have small animal pets that like to chew things, let me know how you get on and update me, simply unplugging things including the router power while the router is on and reconnecting might just be enough to flush things out and sort it,

I won't be able to reply again today as I'm just off, I'll have another look tomorrow to see how you got on.

p.s if you do have techy kids ask them if any of them have played around with dns settings on their own devices, long shot but you have to check everything as it's always the thing you overlook, are you using a VPN with this also as that could be the reason.

When you have the router page open check the speeds you are getting for me at the same time.

Options
2020-06-13 10:23:01

@Kevin_Z I suffering from the same problem on archer d50 in egypt can you provide me with link to this frimware

Options
2020-08-13 10:57:50

@Summer.cheung please provide me the correct firmware for V1 as well. I have this problem also.

Options
2020-12-17 10:06:12

I am having the same issue, can you please help me to resolve this.

Options
2020-12-17 14:58:47

@WorstRouters bad news for you. TpLink didnt fix my router. I had to return it and I got refund. I bought ne VR600 ... it is perfect! Zero issues since replacemement.

Options