Bridger router + Mesh : not able to login on secured sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-16 15:29:33 - last edited 2019-11-16 15:42:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my router + mesh setup.

When surfing, I'm occasionally unable to enter pages that require login. 

More specifically; after entering username + password, the login process just stops. This happens on all devices (mobile or computers) for some sites, such as online banks (but not all), live.com and so on. I haven't found any logic to why some sites load in the sign-in process and others are not.

My sertup is as follows;

I have a Huawei B525s 4G router in bridge mode, connected via ethernet cable to my Deco 9.

The deco is in Router mode.

EDIT: The problem seems to be in the Mesh/router combo. These pages work on a mobile device connected to the same 4G network as the router, i.e. have the same connection behind through the Deco results in problems. I've tried resetting everything both on the Deco and Router, but not working.

I have tried using the Router in its default mode and the Deco in Access Point mode; with these settings all pages work as expected, but the network is unstable and I need to reboot often to have any internet access at all.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridger router + Mesh : not able to login on secured sites
2019-11-18 02:56:24

@ni_ro 

How many Deco do you have in total? Could you please draw a network diagram and show me? 

When the clients cannot access the web sites, like online banks, or live.com, try to ping them and verify whether it works. 

Try to disable antivirus function on the Deco app and change the DNS server under More-advanced-IPV4 page to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to give it a go. 

Any updates, be free to let us know. 

Options
Re:Bridger router + Mesh : not able to login on secured sites
2019-11-20 17:38:24

@Kevin_Z 

hi kevin

thanks for the massage.

I have 3 Deco m9

I've tried using Google, OpenDNS and Cloudflare DNS and also turned off Deco Antivirus, but none of these help. The problem remains.

Thoughts?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 2

Related Articles