Having more than 1 TP-Ling range extender interferes with conection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-18 11:11:59
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys and girls. 

I have the TP-Link 300mbps Wi-fi range extender. Model number TL-WA850RE

I have one plugged in upstairs to use as a wired connection to my main computer. I am not getting the full speed I am paying for (BT). So i plugged an extra TP-Link in the hallway. This boosted the speed massively. But after a little while it seems to interfere with the connection. If im playing game it goes laggy and download speed drops massively and spikes up and down. It also messes with wifi on our phones. But when i turn the extra one off it goes back to normal? Is there a reason why this is happenning?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Having more than 1 TP-Ling range extender interferes with conection?
2019-11-19 03:17:13

@decel3000 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

For the upstairs extender, the performance depends on the signal strength it can get from the main router. You can connect your computer next to the extender to the main router and test the speed and stability. 

For the second one, what is the speed you can get from it when it works well and not well? 

With your smart phone or computer connected to the main router via 2.4GHz next to the second extender, does the network connection become stable? 

Please give the different network names for the two extenders to avoid the interference. 

And please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and you can adjust some wireless settings of the main router to improve its wifi performance, like wireless channel and channel width. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Having more than 1 TP-Ling range extender interferes with conection?
2019-11-28 11:37:58

@Kevin_Z 

HI thanks for your response. Im not to great when it comes to the techinal side, but happy to try.

I have a BT hub downstairs. Ive had to use an extender upstairs in my bedroom, which is plugged into the wall and then an ethernet cable goes into that and then into the back of my pc. I should be getting over 100 MB speeds atleast. But with this setup i get average 50. So i plugged a second extender into the hallway, this boosts the speed up greatly. But after a while I get random disconnects and interuptions. When I unplug it its fine and goes to normal. What is causing it to do this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2961

Replies: 2