Why internet is there a  orange light? please help me

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-19 12:11:44 - last edited 2021-09-26 01:55:38
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0

Why internet is there a  orange light?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why internet is there a  orange light? please help me -Solution
2021-09-26 00:04:01 - last edited 2021-09-26 01:55:38

@wailun 

For anyone looking to resolve this still, what worked for me after getting through to a senior tech support (after getting a replacement router that had the exact same issue...) is the following:

Log into your router -> Advanced -> Network -> Internet -> Mac Clone section -> Change to "Clone Current Device MAC"

Too many hours spent trying to do other things and getting a warrantied replacement router just to find out this is the simple solution lol... anyway, hope it helps others!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Why internet is there a  orange light? please help me
2019-11-19 15:02:52
You are not getting a good signal from your modem or ISP. Note the internet status is "poor network".
Options
2019-11-19 15:31:38

@ ArcherC8 how to setting ISP

Options
2019-11-19 19:11:20
ISP is your Internet Service Provider. Things to check. Make sure you have a good Ethernet cable between the modem and router. You can connect your computer via Ethernet cable direct to the modem bypassing the router to check the signal and speed from your ISP. If bad, contact the ISP for support. If good signal and speed, then reattach the router and start debugging from there.
Options
2019-11-20 06:20:39

@wailun 

Except Archer C8 said, can you get internet from the Archer C1200 when the internet led shows orange? Try to ping 8.8.8.8 at that time and show us the results. 

If it works well, try to change the DNS server under Advanced-network-DHCP settings page. 

While if there is no internet, please connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the Archer C1200 to verify whether you can access internet, if not, it means that the network connection is unstable, try to contact the tech support of the modem or the ISP first. 

Options
Re:Why internet is there a  orange light? please help me -Solution
2021-09-26 00:04:01 - last edited 2021-09-26 01:55:38

@wailun 

For anyone looking to resolve this still, what worked for me after getting through to a senior tech support (after getting a replacement router that had the exact same issue...) is the following:

Log into your router -> Advanced -> Network -> Internet -> Mac Clone section -> Change to "Clone Current Device MAC"

Too many hours spent trying to do other things and getting a warrantied replacement router just to find out this is the simple solution lol... anyway, hope it helps others!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 25703

Replies: 5

Related Articles