Limit speed ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Limit speed ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Limit speed ?
Limit speed ?
2019-11-20 10:51:41 - last edited 2019-11-21 09:47:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

I dont know what is the hardware version, So i select V1. I have only one Deco m5 AC1300. I have 3 questions. Thanks for your valuebla answers.

Question 1: Are Deco & Tether the same applications with the same features ?

Question 2: Gigabit ports. 1 gigabit or 10 gigabit ? I use one of them for receiving the internet from the modem to deco. I use the other one to give internet from deco to my media server. Is it possible to get internet wireless to the deco and use 2 ethernet port to end internet from deco ?

Question 3: is it possible to limit speed of a device to internet ? I know how to give high priority but i want to set like 1Mbps for device 1, 10Mbps for device 2, 5 Mbps for device 3. I couldnt find an option for this. Please consider to add this feature for future update. Is is important for me.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Limit speed ?-Solution
2019-11-21 05:39:56 - last edited 2019-11-21 09:47:11

@igotek 

1. The Deco and Tether app are different applications for different products. The Deco app is for Deco series products, while the Tether app is available for others. 

https://www.tp-link.com/tether_compatibility_list/

2. The Deco has the gigabit ports--1 gigabit. The Deco can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless, but the main Deco must connect to the modem/router by wired cable. 

3. We can setup different priorities for different products via QoS, while we cannot setup limit speed for each device now. We have noted this new feature. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Limit speed ?-Solution
2019-11-21 05:39:56 - last edited 2019-11-21 09:47:11

@igotek 

1. The Deco and Tether app are different applications for different products. The Deco app is for Deco series products, while the Tether app is available for others. 

https://www.tp-link.com/tether_compatibility_list/

2. The Deco has the gigabit ports--1 gigabit. The Deco can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless, but the main Deco must connect to the modem/router by wired cable. 

3. We can setup different priorities for different products via QoS, while we cannot setup limit speed for each device now. We have noted this new feature. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Limit speed ?
2019-11-21 09:47:51

@Kevin_Z 

looking forward to getting limit bandwitdh for each device by mbps.Thanks.

Options
2019-11-23 10:03:05

@igotek 

Okay, it is very recommended to keep an eye on official website for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2022-02-10 01:20:31

@Kevin_Z are you saying that if I know the port(s) used for the iCloud sync on my Mac I could set it as a lower priority than other traffic?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1210

Replies: 4

Related Articles