Cabled connected devices lose connection when 1 Deco M9 Plus goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-22 14:29:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

I've 3 Deco M9 Plus devices at home. 2 of them are connected via an UTP cable to a switch and that switch is connected to my modem. The third Deco is on the first floor and connected via WIFI. 

I noticed that if another device is connect to that switch it will get assigned to one of the Deco's, which is fine. But, when that Deco goes offline (housekeeper moved it and the pulled the power cord by accident) I would have expected that the other Deco also connect to the switch by cable would have taken over. But it didn't and my Solarpanels went offline, well not the biggest issue because later the data got send wnyway. 

But it's something to fix in a future firmware update. Cabled devices connected via a switch should always be picked up by another Deco which is also cable connected to that switch.

If needed I can elobarate. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cabled connected devices lose connection when 1 Deco M9 Plus goes offline
2019-11-28 01:16:55

@ScreenNameNL 

The current network diagram is modem--switch--Deco A/B )))(((Deco C. 

Is it a pure modem or modem router? Generally speaking, if it is a pure modem, we will connect them like modem--main Deco-- switch--slave Deco A ))(( slave Deco B. 

Only one DHCP server can exist in a local network, if the IP addresses of devices are assigned by the Deco A, Deco B or C won't take over the DHCP server feature even though the Deco A goes offline. Instead, they work as the access point/repeater. 

Therefore, it has nothing to do with the firmware upgrade, it is normal, only one DHCP server in the same network.

May it help.

Options
Re:Cabled connected devices lose connection when 1 Deco M9 Plus goes offline
2019-11-28 19:16:40

@Kevin_Z 

My cable modem is in bridge mode and only Deco is managing DHCP scope. It doesn't have anything to do with the firmware upgrade, I hoped the firmware upgrade would have solved the problem. But it didn't so that is why I have brought my case under attention so they can fix it in a new firmware, or it is a problem with my tv.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 2