Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on
2020-02-04 05:19:46

@Smercius 

Thanks for your information.

You can disable fast roaming to give it a go.

Besides, as mentioned above, you can connect the main Deco to the modem only and verify whether it works.

May it work.

Options
2020-02-04 11:10:37

@ScreenNameNL 

So with fast roaming disabled, connection is successful. I have also updated my TV's firmware to 6.6545 (Sony KD-49XG8337) as it had some fixes for router connectivity, but that did not improve aything

Options
2020-02-04 23:41:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, unfortunately, I still have the same issue, I'll try to contact Sony's support and see whether they can help or not. Thanks..

Options
2020-02-07 23:01:26 - last edited 2020-02-07 23:05:28

@ScreenNameNL I just bought a new Philips TV (43PUS7304/12 with Android 9) and experienced the same problem. Took me a while to figure out it wasn't connecting because of fast roaming (wished I read this post earlier haha). 

WIFI on smart TV's is always a struggle. In the specs it says it supports AC2x2 so I assumed fast roaming wouldn't be a problem. It can't go faster than 300mbps on 5GHz (doesn't sound AC to me though but the connection is stable).

@Kevin_Z There's no option to toggle between 2,5GHz/5GHz in the settings of the TV. In fact the settings are really basic. Turn WIFI OFF and On and choose a network (can't even save different networks). 

Whit fast roaming turned off I didn't really noticed any difference with other devices fortunately.

also I experience with my iPhone that when I'm in my garden it always connects to the Deco that's about 10 meters further away than the one that's closer in range. Sounds like the same problem you experience with your daughters iPad. Nothing I do or try helps. The connection isn't bad but I don't understand why it prefers 2,4GHz on a Node that's further away and more shielded...

Options
2020-04-11 11:11:11

@Smercius Hi S,

Did you ever find a proper solution for this issue? (I have the problem too)

Brgds. Jens

Options
2020-04-11 13:12:03

@jive4life No, this problem still exists. Don't know if it's deco, Android tv or philips problem. 

Options
2020-04-11 15:06:51

@ScreenNameNL no way...the problem is not related to panasonic or sony but it's probably related to Android TV and Tp-link.

Options
2020-04-11 18:34:04

@jive4life firmaware update on both sony tv's did not chage a thing. So disabling fast roaming was the only solution. I guess sonys drivers do not support this protocol. But even with disabled fast roaming with my current setup (5 deco's) i have no issues with wifi connection

Options
2020-04-19 00:07:17 - last edited 2020-04-20 17:36:27

Hi, I also have a Android TV , a Sony Bravia XBR-49x835c that does not connect to my recently installed Deco M5 when FastRoaming is enabled.

I’ve tried everything I've read in this topic, also I found a configuration to disable this FastRoaming per device, I disabled for my TV and didn’t work.

Even WPS is a waste of Time. The TV connects only with this option turned off for all network.

I’ve opened an issue with TP-Link and also one with Sony. Sony answered me with a specs sheet saying that the TV does not support 802.11r and will not change firmware to do that.

I’m still with TP-Link trying to make it work.

Options
2020-04-19 15:01:44

@ScreenNameNL Very true to all the Sony Android TV, mine was KD55X8000G. TV installer was having hard time to connect to my wifi, and after multiple attempt we give up and I just choose to go with LAN cable as I myself believe TV with 4K content streaming will be better with direct connection instead of hogging all the bandwidth on 5Ghz. After they left, I fired up my Deco App and disable Fast Roaming, make another wifi connection from the TV and successfully connected. 2 weeks down with this setup on wifi, and not having the Deco's fast roaming on, I decided to use LAN and turn on the fast roaming option. I can live with that but hope there's another way around this.

Options