Deco sometimes connecting to the furthest other Deco instead of the nearest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-24 10:02:21 - last edited 2023-05-31 09:13:05
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

As shown in the image, the red deco P7 sometimes, instead of connecting to the Deco P9, it connects to the other P7 that is further away! The black P7 is the "main" deco, the internet gateway, and is connected to the P9 with Ethernet backhaul. When the red P7 connects to the P9 the connection is much more stable and reaches even 200mbps of local speed (measured with iPerf). When instead the red P7 connects trough wi-fi to the other P7, the connection gets less stable and transfer speed drops to about 15/25 mbps. I want to notice that the two P7 connect trough Wi-Fi and not powerline because they are connected to two different electrical circuits. 

The algorithm of network optimisation must be pretty dumb, or maybe it bugs because it wants to reduce to the minimum the number of hops, but doesn't consider that the decos are connected with Ethernet! I ABSOLUTELY NEED THE POSSIBILITY TO MANUALLY CHOOSE THE DECO TO WHOM MY P7 SHOULD CONNECT!

P7 connects to the furthest deco available 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco sometimes connecting to the furthest other Deco instead of the nearest-Solution
2019-11-25 02:30:16 - last edited 2023-05-31 09:11:48

@Alexjj 

Update:

If you had the same issue with the signal source of satellite Deco, please refer to Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco sometimes connecting to the furthest other Deco instead of the nearest-Solution
2019-11-25 02:30:16 - last edited 2023-05-31 09:11:48

@Alexjj 

Update:

If you had the same issue with the signal source of satellite Deco, please refer to Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco sometimes connecting to the furthest other Deco instead of the nearest
2020-10-08 15:59:02

@Kevin_Z 

I'm having the same issue. I have a M5 as my main deco that connects to a E4 in the hallway signal strength is full bars, about 20 feet away is my bedroom M5 it connects to the hallway E4 with full bars, then I have anothee M5 in the nursery about 15 feet from the bedroom M5 and 35 feet away from the E4 and the nursery will connect to the hallway E4 the path to each deco from hallway to nursery is pretty linear. I use no backhaul.

Options
2020-12-19 09:49:28

@Alexjj 

hi, 

i have the exact problem , my further deco E4 is connecting to the main deco and not to the deco that is 2 meters away. 
i have 4 decos, 2 M4 and 2 E4 , one m4 is connected to the router is the principal one > one 1st floor m4 then the  2 e4 are connected in the same floor where is the main deco. I need somme help 

thank you

Options
2022-01-26 16:34:55

Still no solution after 2 years old promise.

M4 and M9 Plus don't have such update and they are practically unusable...

TP-Link... Please, provide correct support for your products and allow changing of the signal source!

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5358

Replies: 4