Windows will notsee Archer T6E Wlan-adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-26 01:42:06
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer T6E_V1_151105

Hello,justbought myself a new Archer T6E Wlan adapter for my new ASRock H81 pro mobo. After installing the deviceb Windows and alsoTP-link support utility can see/find the adapter. Looked in Device manager and it's not  there. Tryed al kinds of updates but no  result. The green led lifhts up so it get's power but thats all. I can't install srivers either because installer can't find the devive either.

Ik hope to find an answer for this problem and  wait for  your reactions.

greats from Holland

Jos

Options
4 Reply
Re:Windows will notsee Archer T6E Wlan-adapter
2019-11-27 11:05:47

@JosBro 

What is the operating system of the Windows PC? 

With Archer T6E plugged into the PCI-e slot, go to computer management-device manager and verify whether you can find it under network adapter or other devices.

You can unplug it and plug it back to check whether there is something would disappear and pop up again. 

Try to download the driver from the official website and install it. Do not use the CD. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t6e/#Driver

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-28 15:21:16

@Kevin_Z

thanks Kevin, I can, t instal the drivers because I get error message "can't find device.

Of course  I looked in device manager and it, s never been seen there. It, s just not here to find anywhere on my pc. I tryed it with Ubuntu running from a USB stick but then I also can't find it. But the green led on the bracket is lighting up so it will get power.

I run windows 10 pro, fully up to date

Options
2019-12-03 08:46:32

@JosBro 

Thanks for your reply. So the hardware cannot be detected by the computer. 

Have you ever tried to change another PCI-e slot? 

With it unplugged from the computer and plug it back, can you see that something disappeared and appeared again under other devices? If there is still nothing, you can contact the retailer to get a replacement first. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-04 20:18:56

@Kevin_Z 

I tryed every other of the 5 pci-e x1 slots with the same result. Ik borrought a Wlancard from a friend but this card wont be seen either. So i installed an Intel p1000 pro ethernet card and this device wont seen anywhere to. The Graphics card in the pci-e x16 slot works just fine. All the divices attached to the x1 slots will get power, the green led shines, but thats all. There is no way i can find these devices anywhere in my pc. My wlancard is functioning well in my friends pc, who's running Win 10 to. The only difference between his and my pc is het has a 1155 model and i have 1150. We both run an AM eufi-bios in AHCI mode. I also can't find any settings in de bios that might cause this problem.

On my last mobo, an Asus on 1156 infrastucture the wlan card was doing fine and also on my friends newer 1155 board. I bought this "outdated" mobo because i am very sattisfied about the performance with this I5 4590 cpu and 16GB DDR3 memory. So why buy a newer model cpu and board. The 1155 cpu's are still very expensive and my cpu is just 2 years old. So why trow away good hardware if it does what i want with my pc. The 2x8GB ram modules (Corsair Vengeance are less than a year old. PSU is 500W Bronze 80 is already a few years older but by testing the performance every thing looks alright. All pins give the exact output as descriped in the factory settings.

To be sure i placed an other psu with 450W but no results, I even attached the molex cables at the 2 connectors on the mobo, but this is only nessesary if more than 2 devices are installed trough pci-e. The mobo is new and Windows 10 ready.

I think i'm out of options I hope someone knows a possible solution. Ofcourse I can send it back for an RMA but then it will take more than 4 weeks when i get back my mobo and 4 weeks or more without my pc is to much asked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 4

Related Articles