UB400 Bluetooth dongle with Bose QC 35 II : cannot use microphone and receive sound at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

UB400 Bluetooth dongle with Bose QC 35 II : cannot use microphone and receive sound at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 15:20:06 - last edited 2019-12-13 11:38:59

Whenever any app requires the microphone of my headset, the incoming sound from the computer simply stops. Whenever the app has finished using the microphone, sound will most often come back (not always).

Or sometimes (rare, could not reproduce), when an app starts requiring the microphone, it will recognize that the microphone of my headset is available (it displays its correct name) but receive no sound from it. If I close the app and reopen it maybe this time it will receive sound from the microphone - but then as mentionned above that will stop the incoming sound.

So with Skype I can either speak or listen but not both surprisecrying and I don't even choose which one it is when opening Skype.

There seems to be some bad competition between emitting and receiving sound. However on my Android phone I can place calls and speak and listen perfectly normally !

So yeah any help is welcome !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:UB400 Bluetooth dongle with Bose QC 35 II : cannot use microphone and receive sound at the same time-Solution
2019-12-04 09:25:49 - last edited 2019-12-13 11:38:59

@Selrak Found the problem.

Go to your Settings and type in "Sound settings". Alternatively, open the Task Bar and type in "Sound" and open that (this is the more Windows 7-like style, I'm guessing that the old "Control panel" - but both that and the sound settings show and control the same things).

There, you will see (well, at least I saw) that the QC 35 II is registered as two different sound devicdes :

• One is output-only and called Headphones, and the symbol has headphones only and no microphone. Somehow in this mode when sound input is requested from the computer, the headphone can stil deliver it, but then can't receive sound from the computer anymore.
  • The other is input and output together, called Headset, and the symbol has headphones and a microphone.

The trick is to voluntarily disable the Headphones device (right-click, Disable, or click on it and then the Disable buttons appear). When this is done, the QC 35 II will only work as a headset with input and output. You will notice that the output sound quality is much lower - so it's probably a bandwidth thing that differenciates between those two devices, and also explains why the Headphones mode can do either sound in or sound out (with high quality) but not both. You can re-enable the headphones you're finished using the sound input, to switch to the HQ sound output.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:UB400 Bluetooth dongle with Bose QC 35 II : cannot use microphone and receive sound at the same time-Solution
2019-12-04 09:25:49 - last edited 2019-12-13 11:38:59

@Selrak Found the problem.

Go to your Settings and type in "Sound settings". Alternatively, open the Task Bar and type in "Sound" and open that (this is the more Windows 7-like style, I'm guessing that the old "Control panel" - but both that and the sound settings show and control the same things).

There, you will see (well, at least I saw) that the QC 35 II is registered as two different sound devicdes :

• One is output-only and called Headphones, and the symbol has headphones only and no microphone. Somehow in this mode when sound input is requested from the computer, the headphone can stil deliver it, but then can't receive sound from the computer anymore.
  • The other is input and output together, called Headset, and the symbol has headphones and a microphone.

The trick is to voluntarily disable the Headphones device (right-click, Disable, or click on it and then the Disable buttons appear). When this is done, the QC 35 II will only work as a headset with input and output. You will notice that the output sound quality is much lower - so it's probably a bandwidth thing that differenciates between those two devices, and also explains why the Headphones mode can do either sound in or sound out (with high quality) but not both. You can re-enable the headphones you're finished using the sound input, to switch to the HQ sound output.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:UB400 Bluetooth dongle with Bose QC 35 II : cannot use microphone and receive sound at the same time
2019-12-12 12:00:56 - last edited 2019-12-12 12:08:54

@Selrak my rutear is note warking

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9004

Replies: 2