Current power value is static/stuck in kasa app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 22:53:25 - last edited 2019-11-27 22:59:40
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hello.

I have a hs110 that I have set up. I can turn it on/off but when I look at the energy usage in the kasa app it's a static value that doesn't change unless I go back and press energy again then I get another value. It's not refreshing by itself.

Also I have a couple of hs100 that have the same firmware as the hs110: 1.5.4. When I look for firmware updates it says: No updates availible. What is the latest firmware? I live in the nordics if it's matters. I use ios 13 but it was the same issue in ios 12. Also using the latest kasa app 2.17.0 build 738.

kind regards

sombi

Options
9 Reply
Re:Current power value is static/stuck in kasa app.
2019-11-28 08:46:53

@Sombi 

Thanks for your requesting. For the energy usage issue, it is designed so; It shows the instant energy usage when you access this page; In general, we won't keep staying on this page for a few minutes/hours, we can get the data needed in seconds; While we have noted that and will keep an eye on the same feedback. 

For the firmware version, what is the hardware version of it? Please check the country version of it as well, which is printed on the back panel of the actual device.

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2019-11-28 15:50:02

@Kevin_Z 

It says hs100(EU) ver 3.1 on the back of the switches. And on the energy reader: hs110(EU) ver 3.1.

sombi

Options
2019-11-29 12:09:54

@Sombi 

Please send us the pictures of the back panel and energy usage page.

Besides, please tell us the MAC address of the smart plug which you can find on the KASA APP.

Note: You can send direct message to us privately.

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-29 16:23:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. I'll submit a video inside the app and a pic without macadress. Sending the mac on message.

kind regards

File:
trim.FD5F7A97-526F-4177-8691-86EE0D682906.MOVDownload
Options
2019-11-29 16:23:40
Options
2019-12-02 01:37:28

@Sombi 

From the picture and video attached, both indicate that the model number is HS110, no HS100 pops up actually. 

So there is nothing wrong with this smart plug; the actual model is HS110, just like what is printed on the back panel. And the energy usage data is normal. 

You can be assured of it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-12-02 16:58:54

@Kevin_Z 

The issue I have with the hs110 is that the energy monitor isn't showing real-time energy usage, it doesn't update the watt value unless I go back and forward on the "energy usage" page. I was wondering if a firmware update would fix it? Therefore I told about the firmware version that was the same as my other hs100's. Also I have no access to Smart Actions. Is there a coming/actual firmwire update to solve these things? I told before the kasa app states there is no update availible. I saw on your page smart actions aren't rolled out to all users yet. So I guess it needs a firmware update as my app is up to date.

Kind regards

sombi

Options
2019-12-20 08:04:53

@Sombi 

For the energy monitor status, we have noted that and will forward  to the related department to evaluate the feasibility. 

For the smart action, it is on its way already, but the estimated supporting time is unsure, it is very recommended to keep an eye on official website to get the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-20 08:58:11

Thank you for the answer @Kevin_Z.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1121

Replies: 9