Deco M9 Plus + Vodafone Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-28 09:48:36
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear All, 

I have ordered Deco M9 Plus and I should be able to get hands on it this weekend. 

My Internet is through Vodafone and would like to know if anyone has perfomed similar setup with Vodafone router. 

I am basically looking to set Deco M9 in router mode to take full benefits of the product like guest wifi, parental control etc (which is not available in AP mode)

Any directions or things I should i know about before I start the setup are much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

rbsub.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus + Vodafone Router
2019-11-29 05:37:31

@rbsub 

You can click here to get the difference between router mode and AP mode. 

Besides, you can watch the setup video or read the QIG or user manual to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#video

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-01 16:34:17

@Kevin_Z Thanks, I already know the difference and I want to setup Deco in Router mode.

Options
2019-12-01 16:40:25

@rbsub 

Hi, 

After lot of reading on internet, I have found below setup to avoid the double nat issue.
Here is my setup,
Vodafone connect router having internal IP 192.168.a.b connected to the internet and have wifi turned off and dhcp turned off. DMZ set to forward all traffic to internal IP of DECO 192.168.a.c
Decos internal LAN ip is set to 192.168.x.y and gateway as 192.168.x.y where all the other devices in household connect. 

With above I do get internet, but the netowork is very slow, the pages take long time to open. my plex media server which is on same network keeps losing connection.

Can anyone please suggest on the config should be done to get best results? 

Thanks

Options
2020-05-02 00:56:30

@rbsub 

Any news? 

I also have Deco installed on a HS8247W Vodafone ONT. 

Also have a TV box that loses connection all the time and also Wi-Fi devices with same problem. 

Any configuration that helps? 

Also deactivated Wi-Fi on Vodafone router. 

Thanks 

Options
2020-05-28 17:47:48

@Enfermeyro 

I have started using Deco in Ap mode. 

Still have issues with connection dropping on my plex server when watching from TV. No issues when watching from phone. 

Seems like I paid too much for most of the features which are not usable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3444

Replies: 5

Related Articles