P9 questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
P9 questions
P9 questions
2019-11-28 15:27:55 - last edited 2019-12-02 01:43:07

Hi friends !

My P9 set is on its way and I have a couple of questions before I get and install it.

My ISP box does not have a bridge mode. so:

- 1) Should I set all the 3 P9 in AP mode (I think so, but be glad to have confirmation)?

When all P9 are in AP mode:

- 1) Can I rely on the powerline connection for all P9 or is it better to have at least one connected to the box with ethernet cable?

- 2) If I choose a SSID different from the main box, will PCs connected to box wifi be able to see PCs connected to P9 wifi?

Thanks for your answers.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:P9 questions-Solution
2019-11-29 03:51:49 - last edited 2019-12-02 01:43:07

@ohtoulouz 

Hello, to avoid double NAT issue, you can configure the Deco P9 as the access point to boost the wifi signal. 

The performance of the powerline backhaul relates to the actual power line environment, including the distance, powerline noise, and obstacles. It is hard to say which one will be better, you can connect them by cable/powerline and compare their performance. 

If the Deco works in AP mode, then devices connected to the Box's wifi can see the PCs connected to the Deco. The ISP box acts as the only DHCP server in the local network. 

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:P9 questions-Solution
2019-11-29 03:51:49 - last edited 2019-12-02 01:43:07

@ohtoulouz 

Hello, to avoid double NAT issue, you can configure the Deco P9 as the access point to boost the wifi signal. 

The performance of the powerline backhaul relates to the actual power line environment, including the distance, powerline noise, and obstacles. It is hard to say which one will be better, you can connect them by cable/powerline and compare their performance. 

If the Deco works in AP mode, then devices connected to the Box's wifi can see the PCs connected to the Deco. The ISP box acts as the only DHCP server in the local network. 

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:P9 questions
2019-11-29 10:56:32

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks a lot. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Cheers

Options
Re:P9 questions
2019-12-02 01:42:53

@ohtoulouz 

You are welcome, glad to help you. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 863

Replies: 3

Related Articles