No IP address via wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No IP address via wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No IP address via wired
No IP address via wired
2019-11-29 03:34:43 - last edited 2019-11-29 03:43:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.14

We recently moved. Everything was previously working. After moving I updated the deco to 1.3.14. Wired the excat same way. Wireless has no issue. Wired I cannot get an IP Address.

Network is Modem (bridge mode) > Deco (router mode) > Switch (unmanaged)  > End point devices (DHCP).

I also tried right from the main Deco to Laptop and same, no IP address is given. Also tried with multiple PC/devices.

Any Ideas??

Options
3 Reply
Re:No IP address via wired
2019-11-29 09:32:30

@Mattys60 

Try to change another wired cable or ethernet port to connect and verify whether you can get valid IP address. 

Note: You can change another ethernet port to connect the main Deco to the modem and test the spare one. 

Please click here to check the IP address and gateway and show us a screenshot of the status-details page. 

And you can change another device to test the wired connection. 

Still the same, please hard reset the main Deco or change the slave Deco to the main Deco to do a comparison analysis. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

And please tell us the model number of the switch.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-29 19:04:41

@Kevin_Z  After more testing. When I take the switch out and just used the 3 deco M5. If I plug into either slaves, it's fine I get an IP No problem. But when I plug into the main. I get nothing. And there is no network status to show you because it just falls back to link local.

What would be my next step?

Options
2019-12-02 02:07:26

@Mattys60 

You can get IP address with computer connected to the slave Deco which means that the main Deco works fine, at least one of the ethernet ports works well. 

Have you ever tried to change another ethernet port on the main Deco to connect it to the modem and connect your computer to the second one? Can you get valid IP address then? Or does the main Deco work?

If the main Deco still works, then the two ethernet ports should be working properly. You can change another wired device or cable to give it a go.

While once you changed the LAN port, the main Deco stops working, that means that one of the ethernet port may be faulty. You can contact the retailer or the local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2096

Replies: 3

Related Articles