Archer A9 AC1900 V6 - MU-MIMO question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-29 15:50:16
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi all,

I bought an Archer A9 AC1900 hardware version 6 and I have the following question

When I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz netwroks separately enabled, I can enable the MU-MIMO on the 5GHz, but when I switch to SmartConnect, the options for MU-MIMO is gone.

I understand, that this is because 2.4GHz does not have MU-MIMO, but my questions are those:

• is beamforming always enabled, since I cannot find an option to disable/enable it ?
  • is MU-MIMO enabled by default when I am in SmartConnect mode and device is on connected to the 5GHz band or if not - how to enable it in the smartconnect mode (I came across an explanation that if you want it in smartconnect, you must first enable it on the 5GHz band and then enable the SmartConnect and it will stay ON. I've tried but when I disable the SmartConnect after that I can see that the MU-MIMO in the 5GHz band settings is off so that confuses me)

I will be very glad to receive answers of those as they are not described anywhere!

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A9 AC1900 V6 - MU-MIMO question
2019-12-02 06:37:14

@lord-kyron 

The beamforming is enabled by default. 

If you want to use MU-MIMO, you can enable it first, and then enable smart connect; Then it will work when you connected to the 5GHz. 

We tried  to test it at our lab with Archer AX50 which supports MU-MIMO also, and the MU-MIMO stays on when we enabled smart connect and disabled it. But cause the two products are different, only 5GHz supports MU-MIMO on A9, while Archer AX50 is 802.11ax, not sure whether it is the 2.4GHz which does not support MU-MIMO on A9 causes this. 

If possible, please shot a short video of this issue and send it to us; and we will try to get the same device to do a test. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-03 11:59:42 - last edited 2019-12-03 12:00:00

Is the situation the same with Airtime Fairness? I have to enable it before I enable the SmartConnect and it will stay enabled?

Options
2019-12-04 06:30:54

@lord-kyron 

Correct; all the wireless settings will keep their state after you enabled smart connect. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2723

Replies: 3