Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware update
Firmware update
2019-12-02 11:08:42
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer C6(EU)_V2_191014

After updating from firmware Archer C6(EU)_V2_190115 to Archer C6(EU)_V2_191014 now I cant stand away from my router more than 3 meters before starting to loose wireless connection . The new firmware says it cant be downgraded  and I have tried just about everything from doing a factory reset , changing channels etc .

This has made my router useless as I can only connect when next to it .

Please help is there is anyway to downgrade the firmware 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firmware update
2019-12-03 05:46:19

@Daniel1234 

Like mentioned in the release note,  this FW has added some new features and fixed bug, it cannot be downgraded to former release once upgraded to this one. Back to your case, we can do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. Are they still connected to the wifi but no internet access or they disconnect from wifi network totally in 3 meters away from the main router? 

2. Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings to improve its performance, including the wireless channel and channel width. And ensure that the transmit power is set to high.

Note: For 2.4GHz, using channel 1, 6 and 11, channel width as 20MHz; for 5GHz, using channel 36, 40 or 44 and channel width as 40MHz.

3. Try to adjust the position of the router or the antenna. 

4. You can hard reset it and reconfigure to give it a go as well. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 1

Related Articles