Cannot Map my NAS Since Setting Up Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-02 13:22:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hello. 

I've probably done something stupid but, since setting up my Deco Home Newtork, my PC can no longer find my NAS drive. 

The NAS is plugged into the broadband provider's router (which is the same as before) but I can't even find it on the network now. 

Like I say, it's most-likely something stupid I've done - but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot Map my NAS Since Setting Up Deco
2019-12-03 03:01:22

@Tov 

What is the operation mode of the Deco M4?

From your description, it seems that the root cause is the different subnets of the two networks. You can verify the IP address of the NAS drive and your PC which connects to the Deco. 

If the broadband provider's router works in router mode, to avoid double NAT issue and make devices connected to the Deco/ISP router can access each other, you can set Deco M4 as access point mode. 

Or you can change the broadband provider's router to bridge mode and the Deco M4 works as the main router. Then you need connect the NAS drive to the Deco M4 to get internet. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-23 10:55:21

I was havng the exact same issue and stumbled across this thread.  I changed the Deco to access point mode and everything now works the way i want it.  Thanks for the info.

Options
2020-08-28 12:21:57
Options
2020-08-28 14:28:15

In my desperation I just tried something crazy: I disconnected the NAS from the router, took it to the basement next to the Deco M4 #3 and connected Deco and NAS with a LAN cable. Then I took my smartphone, checked the network neighbourhood (where before there was nothing to be found) and as if by magic there was the NAS. And it was not alone, I also saw the USB device connected directly to the router. Then I checked my desktop PC, which does not use WiFi but connects directly to the router via LAN, and there was the NAS, and the USB device. So now everything works but I don't know why it didn't before.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6214

Replies: 4

Related Articles