Tether app icons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether app icons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Tether app icons
2020-04-01 14:16:22

alfo68 wrote

I used to have an Archer C9 and I had multiple choice of clients icons i.e. smartplug, alarm system, wifi switches and so on. 

Now I own an Archer C90 and it has just a small selection of icons. Anybody knows why, aren't those in the app?

CatMouse Apk is complete free online streaming application for all Android users. 

Options
2021-02-02 14:57:55

@Kevin_Z 

I'm seeing this exact issue with the Archer A7 (v5) router as well.  In the Tether app, my AC1750 Extender (RE450) has a much larger selection of device icons to use, which covers many smart devices and network devices.  My Archer A7 in the app only shows a portion of those icons, excluding most smart devices and even a specific icon for the extender.

I can provide images of both if it will help fix the issue, just let me know.  Thanks!

- glen
Options
2021-03-07 01:46:23

@Kevin_Z 

Below is what the icons looked like when I look at the  Archer C20 setup. I also have an Archer AX20 and there are only 8 icons available for the new router. Pretty slim choices.

Options
2021-03-16 14:07:28

I have exactly the same issue. I have just moved to TP link and have an Archer A7 and an RE305.

If I access the clients list on the A7, I get 8 icons:

but if I access the clients list on the RE305 I get a whole bunch of different ones!

Also. If I use one of the 8 icons not on the Archer A7 list, it doesn't seem to save them!

Very annoying.

Options
2021-03-18 01:50:59

@PloughKing  @spa_bg79 

Thank you both for reporting the issue to the community. Please ensure the Archer A7 firmware and the Tether app version are both up-to-date, and the developers will optimize this in the future firmware release.

Options
2021-04-01 11:02:44

@Kevin_Z 

I have made sure the firmware is up to date - version 1.2.0 Build 20101023 rel 69987. Updating it was the first thing I did when I first took it out of the box and connected.

I can't speak for the other people, but they likely have done that as well.

I don't know why the icons need to be device-specific. They should be in the app and be available for any device that it manages. That way customers won't be disappointed when they switch to a new device and get less options.

What are the plans for a new firmware version to address this issue.

Options
2021-04-02 07:51:34

@spa_bg79 

Thanks for getting back. 

We have already reported this to the Tether app dev team, they are evaluating how to improve this. Please wait patiently and keep an eye on the new Tether app on your phone.

Options
2021-04-08 02:22:25

@Kevin_Z 

Looks like this issue has been going on a while now. Seriously, at least add the icon for the smart plug. You know, the one that I use the Kasa app for, made by TP-link? My firmware and the apps are up to date. Not sure that the holdup is.

I changed from a Linksys router where I had tons of icon options to differentiate the "client" devices, but with TP-link and the Tether app, only 8. If you have the a tv, streaming stick, scale or a plug, you're relegated to the three dot icon.

I love the range of the AX3000 router and the parental blocks work extremely well, but the app for the iPhone needs some work. The icon options are sparse and it constantly asks me to reconnect the app to the router, which is annoying.

Options
2021-04-08 14:33:23

The client icon issue has bothered me for some time. Every Tether app update I expect the icon choices to improve. Just had another update, but still the icon issue remains. ☹️

The icons must be a available within the app because they are there for my RE305, so why can't I have the same choices for my Archer C6?

Come on tp-link engineers, sort this out. It can't be that hard to add a few icons, especially as they are already there!

Options
2021-04-09 15:16:48

Here's some more information on the icon issue. I have discovered that when my Archer C6 is in wireless router mode, the icons are limited. When the mode is changed to access point, the icons are plentiful. This means all the icons are available for the Archer C6, but the app removes them depending on the mode. This makes no sense. Why can't all the icons be available in either mode? Please sort this out tp-link!

Options
Related Articles