Ifttt show no devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ifttt show no devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ifttt show no devices
Ifttt show no devices
2019-12-04 15:46:18 - last edited 2020-01-10 12:26:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I use the tp link router option in ifttt and connect it to my tp link account, no devices are shown. Therefor I cannot create an alert for when a specific device connects or disconnects. What's up?

Options
41 Reply
Re:Ifttt show no devices
2019-12-05 03:48:57

@realjax 

Please ensure that they are in the same network. 

You can try to configure the IFTTT feature on the Deco to give it a go. Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1843/

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-05 07:52:10

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for you answer.  But whatever I do there are still no devices.

Options
2019-12-06 15:04:06

iFTTT is useless right now.. does anyone see any devices there or is it just me?

Options
2019-12-09 09:05:51

@realjax 

Have you linked up the IFTTT to the TP-Link router service? 

Please provide your cloud account and then we can do some analysis at our end. 

Note: You can send the account to me privately via message. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-09 10:29:53

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I have linked IFFTT up to the TP link Router service.

I have sent you the info you wanted through prvate message.

Thank you.

Options
2019-12-10 07:07:52 - last edited 2019-12-10 08:10:38

@Kevin_Z 

hello,

i am experiencing exactly the same problem my account is linked to ifttt, inside the deco app when i click on ifttt it tells me that there are no suitable devices for ifttt inside my tp-link ID, and on the website of ifttt i get the same result "options unavailable"

Edit:

This is what the app shows

Options
2019-12-11 09:20:09

@realjax 

Sorry I did not receive the message. And I tried to create a new account and send the message which has been received without problem. Could you please show me a picture of the message box where you sent me the info? We can do further analysis on the message issue. 

Meanwhile, back to your case, we did a test at our lab, we can setup the IFTTT with Deco properly. Could you please show me a picture of the devices page where you saw nothing? 

Besides, you can delete the IFTTT app and reinstall it to give it a go or try to contact the tech support of IFTTT to get some help as well. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-11 09:22:23

@josve 

You can click the compatible device list to verify whether your Deco is included. 

Meanwhile, please use the same TP-Link ID which Deco has bound to; 

Try to unbind and bind it again to give it a shot. 

Besides, you can delete and reinstall the app to try again.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Options
2019-12-11 09:34:31 - last edited 2019-12-11 09:35:48

yes well i got that checked.

i got the Deco M9 Plus in this list it is listed, except that it says V1 and i got V2 but i think that this should not be the problem since your packaging says that this product is compatible with IFTTT?

also to answer the other question,

i get the same Options unavailable when i try to create a custom Ifttt on ifttt.com, if i search for the service of TP-link and for example select the trigger when device connects, then there is a option box that says select the device to trigger on and then it says Options unavailable

Edit: just now i read the unbind bind option i will try that and keep you updated!

Options
2019-12-11 10:33:42 - last edited 2019-12-11 10:34:23

Kevin_Z wrote

@realjax 

Sorry I did not receive the message. And I tried to create a new account and send the message which has been received without problem. Could you please show me a picture of the message box where you sent me the info? We can do further analysis on the message issue. 

Meanwhile, back to your case, we did a test at our lab, we can setup the IFTTT with Deco properly. Could you please show me a picture of the devices page where you saw nothing? 

Besides, you can delete the IFTTT app and reinstall it to give it a go or try to contact the tech support of IFTTT to get some help as well. 

May it help. 

@Kevin_Z 

I've resend you my credentials. 

>Could you please show me a picture of the devices page where you saw nothing? 

I'm not sure what screen that would be. They all show the same 'no options available'....

Im also interested in the 'binding and unbinding' that you mentioned in another post. But again, I am not sure what you mean..

Thanks.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8758

Replies: 41

Related Articles