How to force 5GHz on T2U Nano adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-05 18:11:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've just bought a T2U Nano adapter and installed it on my Surface Pro 3 running latest Win10 with all updates. With the inbuilt adapter, I could force it to only use the 5GHz band of my router: how can I do this with the T2U Nano?

In looking at the adapter properties for the T2U, I see:

but have no idea which property/value might let me do this. Can anyone advise, please.

Thanks,

Tony.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to force 5GHz on T2U Nano adapter
2019-12-06 08:30:25

@tonylinde 

The most easiest way is that you can setup different network name for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz of your main router, and then connect the Archer T2U nano to the 5GHz only. 

The computer won't connect to other wireless networks if there is no other network profile existed. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-06 13:26:51

@Kevin_Z Thanks, Kevin. I've just had a new router installed by cable company and was warned not to change any settings for the First couple of weeks, so will try this later.

I did find that if I enabled *both* adapters on the SP3 (internal and T2U), I occasionally managed to get the speed up to 25Mbps, though still well short of the 50Mbps my mobile provides in the same location. I'm starting to think the SP3 is the problem.

Options
2019-12-11 11:01:40

@tonylinde 

I see, thanks for your reply.

You can connect it to the 5GHz to test the speed; and you can change another device to run a comparison test with the Archer T2U nano. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-01 18:35:39
@tonylinde I just tried this after struggling forever and it miraculously worked. First of all you need to safely take out your adapter and click on uninstall for the driver BUT choose fix driver instead. Before plugging in the adapter make sure that you disabled your WIFI and will not automatically connect to any once turned on. Then you should turn on the WIFI and go to the network connection within the control panel. Here you SHOULD see two WIFI - Disable the one which is NOT TPLINK and enable the one which is TPLINK. After doing this the 5G network showed up and I was able to connect!! I hope this works for you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10181

Replies: 4