Question about network mix with P7 and M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-06 07:54:33

Hi,

Can you place a P7 not as main deco? but in the middle of a deco chain?

I have a house with a dependency. Tto reach the Guest house, (wifi is to far) the only way is PLC. but I can not plug the main P7 next to the router because the PLC would not reach the guest house different electric line. My only way is to plug a P7 PLC at the far end of the house and then it communicates with the guest house.

Would this work?

Thank you for your help

Options
5 Reply
Re:Question about network mix with P7 and M5
2019-12-09 02:18:30

@Jojo42 

Hello, theoretically, you can locate them like the picture attached to boost the wifi signal. 

While cause the Deco P7 is located far end of the house, the signal strength between the P7 and main Deco M5 will be affected a lot, so the whole mesh network performance would be affected correspondingly. 

Meanwhile, may I know how far bwteen the main house and the guest house? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-09 06:28:17

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your answer Kevin

I have updated the diagram, as I am trying to optimise the network setup. Both Wifi Links will be line of sight and less than 30 feet away. But for the wired ethernet and PLC Backhaul I still have a doubt...

I read that ethernet and PLC backhaul could not work concurrently. But is this for a whole mesh network or only between 2 units.

Please see the attached diagram it is self explanatory, will both the ethernet (Between the 2 Deco M5) and the PLC (Between the 2 P7) backhaul work on this network?

Thank you for you help.

Geoffroy

Options
2019-12-10 02:11:55

@Jojo42 

For your question, it is for the connection between 2 units only, compared with wifi backhaul and PLC backhaul, the performance of ethernet backhaul will be better due to the less interferences. Therefore it has higher priority. 

The diagram attached is good, you can connect them and use the powerline backhaul to build up the mesh network to boost the wifi and enlarge the wifi coverage area. 

While considering the wifi signal seems to be weak due to the distance, even though the powerline backhaul takes effect, the performance of the further Deco P7 would be affected to some extent. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-10 06:57:27

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks a lot. I will install next week and give feedback on this mesh config performance.

best regards

Geoffroy

Options
2019-12-10 12:02:26

@Jojo42 

Definitely sure. Just take your time to instal and test the performance. 

If need any further help, be free to let me know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 5