3 P7 Units, one always loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-08 16:15:21 - last edited 2019-12-08 20:32:08
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hello,

I recently purchased a three unit set of Deco P7's and I've run into a little problem here. I've configured them in AP mode and it seems that one of them always loses its connection with the other ones. Here is a picture of the set up:

P7_1 is the main deco, 2 is connected to 1 via the switch and 3 is connected to 2 via wifi and powerline. In this setup P7_2 seems to constantly lose the connection to the other decos and number 3 manages to connect to 1 via wifi. I've removed the switch and now they work somewhat, but now I dont have enough LAN ports for my other devices and P7_2 and 3 don't seem to connect to powerline anymore (the LED on the powerbrick is orange). The switch is a TL-SG105, Version 4. Is this one not compatible with the decos? It seems it is a problem with the decos though, as I tried to have the same setup, but with number 2 as the main deco and this one worked weirdly enough. Another preoblem seems to be, that the whole bandwith of my internet connection is like a tenth of what it is supposed to be (50 mbit/s). It worked fine before.

Edit: It wasn't the Switch. Now it happened with the Router as well. It's is alwasy the same deco that loses its connection with the other decos, even though it is connected to the router via ethernet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:3 P7 Units, one always loses connection
2019-12-09 06:09:04

@Kirazin 

Thanks for your requesting, so the Deco P7_2 keeps losing internet no matter where it is. 

What is the led status of the second Deco P7 when you lost connection? With computer connected to it, please click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

In the same time, open Deco app and get the IP address of it and the main Deco; then try to ping the IP address of the second Deco and the main Deco from your computer. Please show us the screenshots of the results. 

Please provide the MAC address of the specific Deco. You can find it on the back label. 

Thanks in advance. Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 1

Related Articles