M9 Plus V2 and Alexa Intergration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-09 23:37:34
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have just installed a 3 unit M9 Plus WiFi mesh and as far as WiFi signals go all is good, have the full coverage I was looking for. However, one of the big selling points for me was the Alexa intergration and combined with the Zigbee hub was the deciding point between TP and Linksys. So having tried in vain for 2 days to get the TP Link router skill and Alexa to talk I finally got on live chat support tonight. To find out my shiny new M9 V2's are not yet compatable with Alexa was a shock. I am told Alexa will be supported in the next firmware update, but have TP Link really released a hardware version to the public that has less functionality than the older version ? The box they came in proudly states in big letters "Works with Alexa", so I was very surprised at the answer I recieved.

Does anyone know when said update will be available ? Hopefully in time to install and test before my 30 day return is up or they will be going right back in the box and sent back.

Options
5 Reply
Re:M9 Plus V2 and Alexa Intergration
2019-12-10 02:45:52

@Andy5043 

I checked the chat record per you described, while the agent may misunderstand, and the Deco M9 plus V2 supports Alexa intergration. Which has been writted on the datasheet and user manual. We will inform them and make them more careful. 

Back to your case, we will do some troubleshooting to narrow it down and try to fix it. 

1. Please ensure that your smart phone has connected to the Deco network and no VPN connection enabled. 

2. Try to reboot the Deco or relink the Alexa to TP-Link router skill. 

3. Please ensure that the Deco app version is up to date. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-10 16:33:58

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I have done each of the steps you listed.The Deco WLAN is the only one I have, app is latest version in app store. Have rebooted deco and unlinked / linked Alexa. Still the same. Check the images below. I would have thought under step 2 I would have the Deco wifi device(s) listed under "Choose Networking Product" ? It seems to imply my TP-Link account doesn't know I have the Deco's ? It is the only TP-Link account I have and was created when I set up the Deco network.

Andy

Options
2019-12-11 09:16:14

@Andy5043 

Thanks for your reply. 

After you linked the Alexa to TP-Link router skill, please discover the device then. 

You can try to click manage smart home device to give it a go. 

Besides, you can contact the tech support of Amazon to get some help as well.

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-11 12:43:49

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, I did speak to amazon but they state the accounts are linked, which does seem to be the case. I also have a TP Link support ticket (#322212) but they just said they checked in the system and said no devices can be found under my account and sent a link on how to configure the Deco mesh network, but I am already past that, my Deco mesh is up and running, all three units. The problem is, when I try to add them to Alexa I can't as my TP Link account does not seem to know about them as in the screenshot above.

Andy

Options
2019-12-12 10:01:44

@Andy5043 

Thanks for your reply. 

We are working on it now at our end and trying to figure it out. Any updates, we will let you know. 

Besides, you can reset the Deco units and reconfigure it again with the TP-Link ID, and then rebind it to the Alexa. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1426

Replies: 5