Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-09-30 03:16:59

@Kevin_Z I am facing the exact same problem with my acher 1200 C50 V4 please help share the firmware. 

Options
2020-09-30 08:10:20

@Gabor_89 

Hi, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-30 08:13:03

@SumitPune 

Hi, we will contact you via email, please check your email box and respond, thanks a lot~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-30 08:29:12

@Gowth 

Hello, thanks for asking again, while it would be appreciated if you could provide some basic info.

1. When the C50 V4 restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover?

2. May I have your network layout, how is the C50 V4 connected in your network? Is there any extender or switch in the network? What if you remove that from the network, will the C50 V4 still reboot automatically?

3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C50 V4 WAN or PPPoE?

4. How many devices are connected to C50 V4, wired, and wirelessly? What if you reduce the clients?

5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C50 V4 to restart? 

6. Is it the original power adapter on the C50 V4? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Good days~

Options
2020-09-30 12:13:49

@Kevin_Z  hi, 

I have an archer c-2300 (ca) v1 and it keeps rebooting every few  minutes or hours.

It's been working great for a year but last week, we had a power outage and and it seems it might be linked to a modem problem. My internet service provider sent us a new modem, but now my router keeps rebooting.

Do you have a firmware To install like the link you sent other people or do toi think the outage could have damaged the router? It is less than a year old...

Thank you!

Options
2020-10-02 06:14:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I started experiencing a similar problem this past week -- my AC1900 Archer C9(EU) reboots at least once a day at random times.

Hardware version: ArcherC9 v5.0

Firmware version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869(4555)

I already tried the "Check for upgrade" option under Online Upgrade and the result says my firmware is already up to date.

Please advise.

Options
2020-10-02 11:47:05

@Robb_T 

Kevin_Z

Exactly same problem for me as well - only started happening this week - and now randomly reboots 2 or 3 times a day - as i work from home this is incredibly frustrating when i am on a Teams conf call etc..

1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869(4555)

ArcherC9 v5.0

come on TP-link... it cannot be a coincidence there are so many of the same issue being reported  

Options
2020-10-08 11:43:09
I am having the same problem. Model archer c58
Options
2020-10-11 18:28:08

Same here:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/231300

C9 V5 randomly rebooting/crashing.

Options
2020-10-11 18:50:04

I am having the EXACT same issue on my C9. Cmon Tp-link. It is something on your end. Please fix it or PM me. @Kevin_Z 

Options
Related Articles