Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2021-01-22 02:54:23

@oscarmb6 

If I didn't remember it wrong, you mentioned the Archer C6 will auto-reboot before when connected with the RE300, so that issue disappears now? 

With the RE300 connected to the C6 network via 2.4G without Onemesh, now the connection is stable, but speed is not acceptable? What is the speed you can get with it, and what is that you expect for?

As we know the 5G range may shorter than the 2.4G, and it might be affected a lot by walls or interference, so 2.4G would be a better choice for the extension.

Options
2021-01-25 14:12:31

@Kevin_Z Is an Archer A6. The Speed is the 30% of the what i pay for.

If i am connected to the Archer A6 directly on 5G i get the 100% of the bandwidth but on the same 5G over the RE300 i get 30%.

Now something important Kevin this setup work just fine on the the previous firmware the problem started until i upgraded the firmware for both devices.

Thank you. 

Options
2021-01-26 01:46:02

@oscarmb6 

Thanks. If the speed issue only occurs after you updated the firmware of both the Archer A6 and the RE300, please kindly refer to this article to verify more settings:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/197754

Options
2021-01-26 14:05:12

@Kevin_Z Not sure if we focusing in what is important and the real issue here.

The fact the speed is more slower i will expected because the connection between the RE300 and the Archer A6 is only on 2.4G.

The real problem is why i cannot connect to the Archer A6 on 5G without restarting the Router and causing disruption.

I am sure if i can connect on 5G the issue on speed will be fixed that how it was working before the updates.

Thank you.

Options
2021-01-26 14:36:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. I am using Archer C6 (EU) V 2.0. I am also having the reboot issue. The router shutdown randomly throughout the day and reboots. Sometime this happens continuously. I just changed my router last week and my ISP cannot solve this issue. They let me wait until they have new stock available due to this pandemic lockdown (I still have their warranty). I am from Malaysia. My ISP is TM. This happens more than 6 times a day for a week already.

I tried disabling NAT boost.

Changed different wall power socket.

The issue is still there. Is this a hardware issue?

Please reply because I am in need of continuous internet.

Options
2021-01-26 14:39:18
If this is a software issue, please provide the fix as soon as possible.
Options
2021-01-27 01:54:50

@oscarmb6 

Sorry for all the checking. We need to understand what is the issue you are experiencing, then we can provide a solution.

Anyway, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-01-27 02:01:52

@Jyl12345678 

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

May I know how many devices connected to the C6 network, what are they? What if you remove some high-load devices from the network, will the C6 still auto-reboot?

When the C6 restarts, are all the LEDs turning off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

When did you purchase it, when did the issue start to happen? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

You can also try to lower down the Transmit Power on the C6 to middle or low, then monitor.

Options
2021-05-27 04:17:28

@SaMuElSergeHad an old TP Link Router Archer C7 AC1750 that started randomly rebooting, I also Use an Arris Surfboard SB6141 Cable Modem, Router was upgraded to latest firmware. I decided to Upgrade due to how old the router was to the TP Link AX1800 Archer AX20 which works fine when it's working, but I still have this random rebooting issue. I wonder if my provider could be at issue? Sparklight, the old CableOne but if I call what issues could be causing these drops on the Provider side? I have 1 Gig download speed that mostly, exceeds that limit so it's only the dropouts that can happen 1-3 times daily. Never had problems with dropouts 6 years ago. It was only in the last few years. What has changed in that time?

Options
2021-07-08 09:17:09

@Kevin_Z

Hi there, I am currently using version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555) in India and am facing the restart issue multiple times a day, which is very frustrating. Please suggest if there's any beta that I can use for my router "Archer C6 v2.0" (1200 mbps dual band router).

Thanks in advance.

Options
Related Articles