Router Freezing Frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-10 14:02:37
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 4.19.55 Build 160426 Rel.73431n

Hi,

Model No. TL-WR720N

Hardware Version:   WR720N 2.0 00000000
Firmware Version:   4.19.55 Build 160426 Rel.73431n

The router keeps freezing in every few hours. When I restart it starts working normally and when it freezes, I have no access to the router.

Hardly 1 Pc and 3 Mobile devices are connected.

I have also downloaded the firmware TL-WR720N_V2_141118 from https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wr720n/#Firmware. but it is not updating and I am getting an error.

Please advise the solution.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Freezing Frequently
2019-12-11 03:23:14

@Kazimmusani 

Hello, from the current firmware, it is EU version, that is why you failed to upgrade to the US version. They are not compatible. 

Back to your case, do wired connection and wireless connection stop working at the same time? 

Can you get internet from the modem directly, bypass the TL-WR720N?

What is the led status of the TL-WR720N? Can you access the web UI of it? If you can, please show us a screenshot of the status page. 

Try to adjust the wireles settings, like wireless channel and channel width to give it a go. 

Besides, you can try to reset it and reconfigure it. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router Freezing Frequently
2019-12-11 09:17:04

Hi @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for a quick response.

1. The Internet is working fine with the modem directly.

2. Led blinks fast when router freeze and not able to access the web UI.

3. Reset several times but the status is the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3859

Replies: 2

Related Articles