Cannot get TP-Link switch to work with Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-10 15:14:16
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello,

A few months ago I purchased a TP-Link 8-port gigabit unmanaged switch to expand my home network (Model# TL-SG108) and everything was working perfectly.

I recently changed internet providers and upgraded my router to the Archer AX6000 and for some reason when I try to connect through the switch, I receive the following error ["Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration].  After talking with my ISP, they said that I don't have the DCHP server set up properly on the router (I also have a static IP).

I currently have the following settings:

IP Address Pool: 192.168.0.2 -> 192.168.0.249

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Primary DNS and Secondary DNS I tried leaving blank and also with the values my ISP gave me to setup the static IP (IPv4), but both ways did not work.

Connecting directly to the router ports and the wifi both work perfectly, it is only when going through the switch.

Any ideas of what I am missing?

Thanks,

Andrew

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot get TP-Link switch to work with Router
2019-12-11 03:31:51

@Andrew_H 

The Archer AX6000 is working properly cause you mentioned that both wired and wireless connection work perfectly. We can do some troubleshooting on the switch and try to fix it. 

Below is the instruction to guide you to troubleshoot. Please follow it step by step and show us the correspondling results. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/738/ 

Besides, you can try to change the DNS server of the Archer AX6000 to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to give it a shot. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7652

Replies: 1

Related Articles