P9 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
P9 firmware update
P9 firmware update
2019-12-11 02:02:23
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190731 Rel. 19372

Hi,

the latest version of Deco P9 firmware is lacking a lot of features that other models have, which is quite dissapointing.
Is there some ETA for the next firmware update? What features can we expect in it?

Also it would be nice if there was a place where we could track the progress or at least get some informations about the next firmware update.
I could not find anything like that. Please correct me if I am wrong. This will stop people from asking the same question over and over again.

P.S. P9 cannot be even selected as a model when creating the thread :(

Options
56 Reply
Re:P9 firmware update
2019-12-11 10:25:11

@Dominik 

Deco P9 has been added now, you can select it. 

For the firmware issue, the new firmware seems still under tests; I understand your feeling and the needs to get more functions on this unit; while per you know, rounds and rounds tests should be done before release it; It would be better if the firmware can be released sooner, while the capacity/performance of the firmware is more important. 

It is recommended to keep an eye on official website/Deco app for the updates. 

Thanks for your kindly understanding in advance. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-11 10:53:16

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the quick response.
I understand that the new firmware needs to be properly tested and I am fine with it.
Deninitely no one wants to install an update that wasn't properly tested.
What I am missing is a better communication about the firmware releases and the features they will contain.
Some roadmap would be nice.

Can you maybe provide some rough ETA for the new firmware? WIll it be available within few weeks or months?

Options
2019-12-11 13:50:41
Hi Kevin can we at least can an ETA for the release? Or a release window at least (I.e jan-feb 2020) Is there a beta program we can sign up to in order to help test the updates?
Options
2019-12-13 02:58:29

Hi all,

We are working on it now and we will confirm with the engineers. 

Any updates, we will let you know. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-01-15 17:50:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

Some news about this update ? 

Thanks

Options
2020-01-16 10:42:25

Can I echo GregGDK and Dominik's sentiments please?

There's very little functionality on this kit at the moment, and trying to troubleshoot network performance is almost impossible. Some kind of roadmap for enhancements would be fabulous, even if only available to a beta test community.

Fingers crossed in anticipation of an update!

Thanks

Andrew

Options
2020-01-22 00:09:01

I agree, I just switched my master from M5 to P9 and am disappointed to see it lacking features I had before. 

Options
2020-01-22 02:31:10

Hello @gotbedlam and all,

The new firmware for Deco P9 is under testing; as we all know, it takes time to release an official firmware for a device; definitely, it is easy to just release one, but the most important is the performance of the new firmware, whether it can work well with all end-users. We should be responsible for every action we take; And I believe that you care about the stability and speed much more than the release date. 

We will feedback your requests and push forward the related teams; it is highly recommended to keep an eye on the Deco APP/ official website. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-22 08:13:54

@Kevin_Z thanks for that, appreciate the update. I (and am sure others) wait with bated breath :-)

Options
2020-01-23 10:00:12

It would be great to hear a progress update from the development team on how this update is going, and any additional features that will be added in the release that is undergoing testing.

Options