DVR not showing in client list - need to port forward

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-11 06:49:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.31

Need help pls, tried support with no joy.

I have a CCTV DVR connected to the network, it is recieving signal.

I can enter the settings via the DVR and manually assign a IP address - I can then log into the DVRs admin panel from my laptop, so I know its getting signal.

However, it doesnt appear on the on the client list so I can allow port forwarding (it needs to be selected from the list).

any ideas why its not automatically assigning an IP address and why I cant see it as a connected device?

Thanks 

Neel

Options
8 Reply
Re:DVR not showing in client list - need to port forward
2019-12-12 06:50:13

@NDK 

How do you connect the DVR to the Deco network? By wired cable or wireless? 

It seems that the static IP of the DVR is the root cause; try to change it  to dynamic IP on DVR; if you need fixed IP for the DVR, you can reserve an IP for it. Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1795/ 

To open port on the Deco app, please read https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/.

Once you opened the port for the DVR, you can change it back to static IP and test whether it works. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-12 08:38:07

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you for the reply.  I had to apply a IP manually as not automatically assigned.  

As the dvr not showing in client list I cannot port forward or assign a fixed IP address through the deco app as both require device to be in client list first. 

Options
2019-12-12 10:05:02

@NDK 

Yep, I understand, that is why it is suggested to change the static IP to dynamic IP first. 

If the DVR is designed to be accessed locally, no dynamic IP available, I'm afraid that there is no other option to open the port for it. 

Meanwhile, we have noted this feature-- add open port for a static IP device and will forward it to our product department. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-05-04 21:05:46

Hi Guys, I just noticed a HUGE bug with port forwarding.  If the device is not listed, you cannot manually add the IP address!!!!   (And NO, my device cannot be setup as dynamic, since it is too much work for a fixed WiFi device that is mounted on a pole.  I do not want to climb the pole to manually plug in an ethernet cable to re-program to DHCP.

ATTN:  Engineering Dept!   Please fix this HUGE BUG and include in your next FW release.  I am currently using the Deco M5.  If there is no FW in the works, I will return the unit for now and purchase alternative brand for the time being until this issue is resolved.  Thanks for your prompt attention!

Options
2020-06-28 07:20:33 - last edited 2020-06-28 07:21:16

@JC6180 Agreed, this is ridiculous!! I can not believe such an expensive device does not have such a simple feature. None of my wired devices show in the app... and you can't manually specify the IP!

This has effectively rendered the device useless for me and I'll be returning it soon if there isn't a fix in the works.

TP-Link team, can you please update?

Options
2021-03-16 16:27:44

@Kevin_Z that would be helpful if the DVR was actually listed with the other network devices but the DVR is not being recognized as a device connected to the router. 

Options
2021-03-16 16:29:58

Kevin_Z wrote

@NDK 

Yep, I understand, that is why it is suggested to change the static IP to dynamic IP first. 

If the DVR is designed to be accessed locally, no dynamic IP available, I'm afraid that there is no other option to open the port for it. 

Meanwhile, we have noted this feature-- add open port for a static IP device and will forward it to our product department. 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z any update on this? its really a serious problem. 

Options
2021-03-16 17:07:31

@ixiq 

Ive managed to add the dvr to the list of devices, but still struggling with port forwarding.  Ive added the ports to open, but still unable to access from outside the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2472

Replies: 8