my TP-Link TL-WR941HP is nor workiing, only PWR led is on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-12 05:26:35
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: unknown

i have a TP-Link TL-WR941HP.

it used to work properly. i set it as Wireless Router. but, suddenly the router become error. only PWR led is on. i tried to reset it many times by press the reset button for 10 seconds. but the only led on is only PWR led. even when i connected the lan port to my computer, the lan led was always off, but the phisical lan on my computer is connected(but i did't receive any ip address from the router dhcp) and there is not any wifi signal detected from the router. i also tried 30-30-30 reset mode, but the condition is still same, only pwr led is on, there is not any wifi signal detected from the router, teh dhcp server from the router doesn't work and i cannot reach it ip address (192.168.0.1) even using manual mode or dhcp mode.

Options
1 Reply
Re:my TP-Link TL-WR941HP is nor workiing, only PWR led is on
2019-12-12 06:22:10

@moesank 

Please ensure that you use the original power adapter; try to connect a cable from LAN 1 port to LAN 2 port on itself and verify whether the LAN leds come on. 

Try to power cycle it first and then reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s with the router powered on. 

You can click the wifi button on the back to turn on the wifi function and see whether it works. 

Besides, what was the operation mode of it before you changed it to wifi router mode? 

Can you login to the web UI now? 

If it still cannot be fixed via the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, this device might be faulty; try to contact the retailer or the local tech support  to verify whether a replacement is qualified with the serial number, proof of purchase. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1926

Replies: 1

Related Articles