Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
354 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2020-07-17 09:57:59

@TP-Link_Deco 

I still got the same error... Though I can login with the same credentials on this site AND on the router

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2020-07-20 10:19:07 - last edited 2020-07-20 10:23:12

@Kevin_Z 

I have 4 V2 deco M9 plus that I run in AP mode and succeeded in upgrading 3 of them. One I cannot get upgraded and I tried everything. I connected this unit to the main deco, through wired connection. I connected the iMac from which I perform the upgrade to the deco to be upgraded, to the main deco. Then I switched to a PC with windows 10 where i used the work around i win8 compatibility mode etc etc. Then i used the old GDPR upgrade tool. All of them end up with the same result:

the LED of the deco M9 plus that needs to be upgraded starts blinking green........so far so good but it keeps on blinking green forever. If I unplug the power and reboot the deco it nicely connects to the network again and is "fully" functional except the firmware is not upgraded.

Not to worry, so I reset that deco, set it up again all the way from the blinking blue light, no problem (this part is smooth), but I still get the same result.

Next try: I took all deco's offline except the deco that I wanted upgrading, creating a second tp-link account using a secondary e-mail address and set up the deco as main uit and in router mode. Connected through wired connection (all the combinations as mentioned above), still end up with a green LED blinking forever. Same result again.

I think I exhausted all options (and my patience). My conclusion: this deco unit cannot be upgraded using the tools provided. Is there any trouble shooting or other way that I can get this unit upgraded? 

Options
2020-07-21 02:33:37

@XiniX00 

Hello,

Is your computer running on Windows 10 as well? If you still encounter a login failure when trying to upgrade the firmware of his Deco M9 Plus V2, please try the below Upgrade Tool:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200713/M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool_v1.1.1_win32.zip

May it helps.

Options
2020-07-21 03:34:01

@McHerman 

Hello, sorry about that.

Our engineer will contact you later and help you fix it. 

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-26 12:23:50 - last edited 2020-07-26 12:26:17

@TP-Link_Deco , @Kevin_Z 

I have tried, tried and then tried once more to upgrade my Deco 9 V2, using my MacBook Pro late 2013 running OS X Catalina 10.15.6. Since this machine does not have an UTP-connecion, I try to do this OTA.

I have a set of 3 Deco-9's, all running on firmware 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727.

I have downloaded the latest firmware and the correct tool to install the firmware.

Using the app I can login using my credentials, on this site I can login with my credentials, but in the installation tool I keep getting the wrong username or password reply.

Would you be so kind as to help me out? I finally would like to be able to use all features of my Deco-set.

Kind regards, Martin

Options
2020-07-27 11:39:03

@MartinM67 

Hello, sorry for any trouble caused by this firmware upgrade.

Did you download the Upgrade Tool on the TP-Link official website below?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

If you still cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it correct:

What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?

Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is also suggested to try different computers.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-28 16:01:26

The upgrade worked like a charm for me. Hopefully this will get rid of the connection issues I do have once and a while.

Options
2020-07-28 20:13:52

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have the exact same issue as @MartinM67 is reporting.

I did change my password to a simple one, I'm able to login in the App, I'm able to login onto the website.

But when trying to login in the Deco M9 Plus Update Assistant app using the same credentials, I also get 'incorrect TP-Link ID or password' Please...

I'm 100% sure credentials I've provided are correct.

What's the suggestion here?

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-28 20:21:38

@TP-Link_Deco ,

re-downloaded the tool, as suggested, and retried updating.....succesfully.

Thanks for helping out, finally my mesh-network up to date.

looking forward to a stable and more communicative future, but for now once again: thank you!

kind regards, Martin

Options
2020-07-30 01:46:11

@MartinM67 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options
Related Articles