Range issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range issues
Range issues
2019-12-13 13:46:25 - last edited 2019-12-13 13:47:42
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

So i bought this archer C50 dual band router and hooked it up and connected it to my modem. I was expecting a very substantial improvement in range. But even the 2.4GHz connection is providing the same range that the modem was providing before. There doesn't seem to be any difference in range let alone the speed. Any insights to improve the range? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Range issues
2019-12-13 14:10:34
I find the range problem mainly bescsue it's providing the exact same range which was provided by the modem which doesn't even have antennas. And this one with four antennas isn't showing any difference at all. And yes the range problem is especially worse upstairs.
Options
Re:Range issues
2019-12-18 05:49:14

@Karankj 

Hello, try to customize the wireless settings to enlarge the wifi coverage area. Including wireless channel, channel width and transmit power. 

For 2.4GHz, you can use channel 1, 6 and 11, channel width as 40MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44 and channel width as 80MHz. And please ensure that the transmit power set to high. 

Besides, you can adjust the location of the router or the position of the antennas; or you can add some network expansion devices to boost wifi signal. Like range extender or powerline adapters. 

May it help. 

Options