Deco M5 - Few questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - Few questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 - Few questions.
Deco M5 - Few questions.
2019-12-13 19:20:52 - last edited 2019-12-13 19:31:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I'm in love with this M5, but I have some few questions I want to know before purchase.

1. Can I use M5 as a router/WiFi modem?

2. Just like the other WiFi modems at the bottom they have the WiFi name and password so as soon as you power on the modem, it will show on the WiFi list to be connected, is this the same for Deco M5, or do I need Internet Access to download the Deco app and then setup the Deco M5, or is it that as soon as I power on Deco M5, connect the ethernet cable to internet access, will it then be showed on the wifi list?

3. Does Deco M5 have it's web interface of Admin panel with the same managements as in the App.

If one of these questions and its features are not supported I would request the TP Link team to take these features in consideration. 

Sorry if my question is not well described. :P

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Few questions.
2019-12-16 07:30:50

@niceguy123 

Hello, the Deco M5 can work as the regular wifi router; and there is no default SSID broadcasted by default, instead, once you powered it up, you need use the Deco APP to configure it with the bluetooth enabled on your smart phone. During the configuration, you can setup your own wifi name and password. 

And the Deco has the web UI, but not the same as the Deco app; the main usage of the web UI is to check the basic information, and upgrade the firmware; for the advanced features, like antivirus, parental control, we need use the Deco app. 

Besides, you can refer to the user manual to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m5(3-pack)/

May it help. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 - Few questions.
2019-12-16 21:15:56

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you Kevin for your reply. Could I also ask you about the 3 year subscription that includes Antivirus QoS and Parental Controls. After 3 years it will deactivate and some Parental Control features will be disabled, may I please know what features will be disabled for the Parental Controls AND how can I renew the license for Home Care to retrive the features back. THANKS!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 2

Related Articles