M7350 Shutting down unexpectedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-14 11:41:13 - last edited 2019-12-14 15:33:39
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up the 4G modem in a remote location (one hour drive) to provide a gateway for data from the temperature, humidity, pressure, water level sensors.

Data is sent every 6 hours, in the idle period no data is accessoed over the internet. The charger is plugged in at all times, 1A capacity charger. The charger and the M7350 are isolated and temperature is monitored, ranging from 10-30. After a few hours the router just shut itself down. When I make a visit I see that the battery is not empty and a simple press on the switch is enough to get it started. I have not enabled power saving, as 220V is available. The OrangePi computer is working without isolation and is always up, even when the router is down, no power glitches (uptime in the 30+ days range). Is there any reason for the router to just shut itself down ?

Regards,

Ole

PS: it brand new, ordered in early Dec. 2019, and without access I have no way of reading out the hardware and firmware.

Options
3 Reply
Re:M7350 Shutting down unexpectedly
2019-12-17 09:53:38

@olewsaa 

Please use the original power adapter, and try to change a power socket to plug it. 

How do you know that the router shuts it down ever few hours? Any specific symptoms?

And may I know how many devices have connected to the M7350 at the same time? Try to reduce the online devices and verify whether it works better. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. And please tell me the current hardware/firmware version. 

Thanks in advance. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:M7350 Shutting down unexpectedly
2019-12-19 14:01:03

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the update, I did not receive a power adapter with the access point. I've opened a case with internet store who supplied it.

I have only a single client connected, an Orange Pi lite. This sends off data every eight hours to my home server, about 2-300 kB, ascii log data and two pictures.

In addition I set up a reverse ssh tunnel so I can log on to the OrangePi from home. 

The adapter is plugged into the power adapter contantly, not the original as I never received it, but a 2A USB power adapter. The access point shuts down after 

some hours, 6-8 normally. I have isolated the power adapter and access point and monitor the temperature to be around 20-26 degrees C. The documentation states 

operation conditions to be above 0 deg.C.

I works fine then I'm visiting the location and connect both a phone and a laptop, quite often some hundred MBs are used, so the access point work fine under load.

Can it be that it shut itself down when there is no traffic ? A keepalive loop might help ? Send a simple log message every 15 mins might help ?

Any suggestions how to keep the access point up would be highly appreciated. 

Ole

Options
Re:M7350 Shutting down unexpectedly - SOLVED
2019-12-22 16:01:19 - last edited 2020-01-02 16:51:08

Some updates first:

Firmware version : 1.0.10 Build 181220 Rel. 1066n, "your current firmware is up to date" is displayed.

The power adapter will be supplied by the seller, quick response to my support case.

Problem is now solved. The setup is now logging data at regular intervals and sending data to both thingspeak and some more detailed data with images to my home server. 

Solution:

a) The router does not like sub zero temperatures, isolation of the router and power adapter is needed to keep it at 15-30 degrees.

b) The DHCP lease time was set to two hours by default, the OrangePi sends data every 6 hours, which causes the lease to time out. Setting the lease time to 48 hours helps. 

c) When the router has zero DHCP clients it shut itself down, to save power presumably. Using crontab to issue a small script to update the lease every day: /sbin/dhclient -r;  /sbin/dhclient -v > dhclient.log;  makes sure the lease is kept. 

d) Sending a few bytes of temperature data every 15 mins to the home server also prevent the lease from timing out. 

Things are now working fine and I'm quite happy with the router. 

If anyone is interested in the monitoring project I have a page about Winter-monitoring

Ole

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2648

Replies: 3

Related Articles