Archer C20 WiFi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C20 WiFi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C20 WiFi problem
Archer C20 WiFi problem
2019-12-14 15:10:13
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

My Archer C20 router is only 12 days old and now WiFi is not showing and it's saying it denied access when i connect the ethernet cable, when i remove ethernet cable and only power cable is connected the wifi shows and gets connected. Please help somebody, i have upgraded to the latest firmware version but still problem occurs. And router works fine when i use access point option with another router. Please help.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C20 WiFi problem
2019-12-18 03:36:19

@Dhruvks 

Where did you see the denied access message? Please show us a screenshot of this picture. 

When the WIFI does not show up, does the wifi LED come on? Try to disable the wifi function manually via the wifi button and re-enable it.

Besides, you can hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s with it powered on and then reconfigure it. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-19 07:59:45

@Kevin_Z When I plug the ethernet Cable , the 2.4 ghz wifi goes, and when i tap on the 5ghz wifi it says denied access and it also goes. i have checked other routers and they work. i have tried resetting it many times but nothing happens. the router works in access point mode but with lower range. the wifi shows only when ethernet cable is not plugged in. please help.

Options
2019-12-20 07:42:28

@Dhruvks 

Hello, with the ethernet cable plugged in, what is the led status of the wifi light? And can you detect the wifi network with your clients? Or it is still can be seen but not able to connect to it? 

In the meantime, try to login to the web UI with wired connection and check the status of the wireless function. Try to change another channel and channel width to give it a go. 

Besides, you can use different devices to test the wireless network; if still the same, you can contact the retailer to exchange another new one. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-06-13 04:49:41

@Dhruvks did you find any solution, I'm having same problem.

Options
2020-06-13 04:56:28
I'm having same problem as Dhruv's. When ethernet cable is plugged in wifi led remains green but the internet led turns on with red. I had reset the router but no luck.
Options
2021-03-22 13:03:50

@Dhruvks,
@rahulBaba,
Did you find a solution?
Having thr same problem with Archer C20 V5. 

Options
2021-03-23 02:05:22

@ModX 

Please provide as mush info as you can to make the issue clear, then we will try to figure it out.

Most importantly, ensure the router firmware is up-to-date, you can reset it to factory defaults either by pressing the RESET button or doing factory defaults via its web interface page, then reconfigure it from scratch to check again if it will work properly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3319

Replies: 7

Related Articles