Can't find Negotiation Speed info on C1200 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-15 15:11:00
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I only get 100mb/s rather than 1Gbp/s speed on my LAN (internet is running fine at 250mb/s) using my C1200, and I wanting to check the negotiation speed settings for the ports as part of this.

I'm finding lots of references to the instruction to go to Basic->Network Map->click on the Icon for TP-Link router in the web interface for the router. However this does not display anything other than wifi network info.

Here's what I see when I follow the instructions.

It feels like I'm missing something obvious, so if anyone can tell me what that is, it would be appreciated.

One possibly minor thing that I don't know if it's related or not, is that the images in the instructions of the web interface, shows the router icon with the model in text beneath it, whereas mine just has "Router". Maybe it's just something that support for which is only on some models.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't find Negotiation Speed info on C1200 router
2019-12-17 05:53:52

@Purpleivan 

For your information, not all the routers supports this feature -- to check negotiation speed on the web UI; You can click the router icon to verify whether something pops up; if not, then this router may not support this feature. 

Besides, you can check the negotiation speed on the clients as well, instruction is https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Back to the speed issue, try to change another ethernet cable with better quality, like cat5e or above. 

And you can change another device to test the speed. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 1

Related Articles