Any recommended config for ISP router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-16 14:10:47
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have just installed 3x deco M4 units in router mode and configured a new mesh WiFi which appears to be working well.

Are there any config recommendations for my ISP router?  Should I turn off WiFi and DHCP? Any other settings to lock it down so I can just use the M4.

Many thanks

Dan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Any recommended config for ISP router?
2019-12-17 02:37:31

@Dan1341 

What is the current operation mode of the Deco M4? Considering it is working properly, you do not have to change anything on the ISP router. 

If you want to use the ISP router as the main router, you can use the Deco M4 as the AP mode to boost the wifi signal strength and avoid double NAT issue; in the meantime, you can disable the wifi function of ISP router. 

Or you can setup the ISP router as the bridge mode and the Deco M4 as the main router to enjoy wireless connection and advanced features. 

You can read the article below to get the difference between router mode and AP mode. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 555

Replies: 1

Related Articles