Archer C6 can't disable WPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 01:02:03
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi TP-Link team members:

Archer C6 V2 (EU) can't disable WPS.

Event thought I have already disable the WPS function in the system parameter page,

the wps still works. I use the wifi analyzer app to check and I found both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz,the wps still on.

And this bug also existence in Archer C7 V4! I think it is a serious bug for wifi routers.

Please release firmware update to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C6 can't disable WPS
2019-12-17 03:26:57

@YangYang 

WPS feature has nothing to do with the wifi broadcasting of the 2 wifi frequencies. 

The 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be detected even though you disabled WPS feature, it is normal. The wifi function still works, you just disable the option to connect to the wifi network via WPS button. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-17 05:19:25

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your reply.

Sorry i didn't express clearly.

I means I have already disable wps function in the management web page.

But wps was not really disabled.

And this bug also exists in Archer C7 V4

Please use wifi analyzer to check this issue.

Thank you very much.

Options
2019-12-18 07:06:28

@YangYang yeah, I also found this in C6. But after I disabled the WPS funtion like you did, then I tried to connect my devices to C6 via WPS, but failed. So the WPS function is indeed disabled. Maybe it's just a display problem. So the WPS is off totally on Archer C6 and my network is safe. 

Options
2020-10-13 17:41:36 - last edited 2020-10-13 17:49:35

@YangYang I ran a check to Archer c6  used wash Version in kali linus to know WPS feature.. thought is seems like WPS option  is enabled and lock staus is set to NO.. this is a major flaw in C6 router and i can crack wifi password in a min using this vulnerability. 

Update a firmware with Locking WPS feature. 

Note :- wps and WPS pin feature is disabled before running this test.

Options
2021-04-21 17:16:41 - last edited 2021-04-21 21:20:28

Hi,

Does anyone know how to raise a ticket in TP-link support?

This is a major security flaw and it hasn't been solved for months (or even years)

Options
2021-04-21 21:19:18 - last edited 2021-04-21 21:23:25

Hi,

Just in case anyone is interesed, the beta firmware posted in this link seems to solve both WPS (broadcast of WPS even when disabled) and Onemesh (broadcast of hidden network) issues

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/170160?page=1

This firmware allows to completely disable WPS and Onemesh

I'd like to suggest tplink to always allow users to disable new features. It's great to have new features and I understand that it's even helpful to enable them by default, but allowing advanced users to disable them in case they don't need them is also a good practice

Options
2021-04-22 06:26:49

@danmv 

Thank you for your suggestion. This will be recorded and reviewed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7012

Replies: 7