Where is Wireless MAC Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 17:06:29 - last edited 2019-12-17 17:22:29
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I need the Wireless MAC Filtering feature, but can't find in the menu, where is it?

I know about the Access Control, but I don't want to control the access of wired devices at all, just want to precise the wireless access by filtering MAC addresses of wireless devices.

My case is that I use router as access point, but in this mode event access control is not available - how to restrict the MAC addresses?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Where is Wireless MAC Filtering
2019-12-18 06:01:11

@veku 

Hello, the mac filtering is almost the same as the access control, and we can manage the wireless devices via access control. 

Below is the instruction to set it up. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1535/

And it is not supported when Archer A7 works in AP mode, neither does Mac filtering. You can read the article below to get the differences between router and AP mode. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2420/ 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-18 16:53:43

@Jaa_David  Did you see the router model in my post. 

Options
2019-12-18 17:08:51 - last edited 2019-12-18 17:11:46

The access control controls the access to entire device, not only to the wireless network. The wireless mac filtering was available in the tp-link routers for decades. I dont know why the company decide to remove it. Even on C7 v4 it exists, but in v5 it doesnt, why? The access control as you mention is almost the same, yes almost, but not the same. Even more if I change my laptop with another, I have no chance to access the router via wire if mac address is not whitelisted . Thats ridiculous. Instead of to write several macs for wifi, i must whitelist a 2 dozens of macs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 911

Replies: 3

Related Articles