Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value
2020-11-16 10:46:23 - last edited 2020-11-16 10:55:25

I am happy with the C200 if not for the LQ / HQ issue.

As long as the C200 and my mobile phone share the same wifi network, the quality remains consistently HQ throughout.

The problem arises when i have to leave the wifi network.

For example, when i leave home and have to switch to 4G data.

The moment i switch to 4G data, the quality drops to LQ.

We would like the C200 to remain HQ regardless of the network we are in.

We would like to set the quality once only. 

If we set the quality as HQ, it should remain HQ, whatever the network we happen to be in.

Hope this gets resolved soon. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Options
Re:Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value-Solution
2020-11-18 02:32:26 - last edited 2020-11-18 02:32:47

@Echai 

Good day,

Thanks for your time and patience.

There are more information for your reference.

For HQ and LQ issues, to ensure a smooth real-time view in a low bandwidth environment when viewing the camera remotely, we set the video resolution to LQ (360P) by default.

If you do have high bandwidth, you can manually switch to HQ (1080P) on the "Live Display" page.

If you view the camera locally, that is, your surveillance phone and the camera is connected to the same Wi-Fi, it will always be HQ after selection.

For remote live view, as long as you do not terminate the application, it will be the same as the option you exited last time (terminate the application and open it again, it will become LQ).

If you need to keep the HQ live view at all times, please lock the app to run in the background.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-22 06:50:58
Hi there, I have been faced the same issue. Is that so hard to set Always HQ or Always LQ for TP-link? Why should we set all the time HQ selection? Regards
Options
2021-02-07 11:30:25

I hope there is an update to this.

I want video to be recorded to the micro SD card in HQ. What's the good in in a LQ mode for that? Please update the app and firmware to be able to select to save to the SD card in HQ please.

Options
2021-02-25 06:31:52
Good day Brook Hi Why do we need to run app in background in order to set it in HQ? Isnt possible to set video quality for only once? I need hi quality video in cctv. I thought tapo was the answer. I choose tapo because it supports 128gb memory card but if it record 360p video I think my 128gb card is useless. I wish a software update can fix this issue. Thanks
Options
2021-02-25 06:43:52
Good day Hi kevin_z My c200 is above may router. And i have 20mbps connection at home. And still it change to LQ when i close tha tapo app. Is there any other way for me to do . Coz dont want LQ video. It is useless if we cant identify the face of theif. Thanks.
Options
2021-07-06 08:13:48

@Brook 

Give us a real resolution not a work around. 

Options
2021-11-08 20:51:16

Hi @Brook,

How do I force the camera / app to always use HD? Pinning an app isn't a solution, it's a workaround and not a good one.

When is this going to be fixed?

Options
2022-01-10 20:30:16

@iMarians any solution to this silly problem?

Only just put the camera up today and every time I load the app. it defaults to LQ.  I keep getting the message "It looks like you have reached your device limit for playing this video" - yet I am the only one using the app.  50Mb internet connection and the phone & camera are only a few meters away.

Please explain why it will not show HQ when viewing the picture in live mode!

I have rebooted the camera twice today with no change!

I may reset the camera tomorrow, if this does not fix the issue then it's going back and reviews wqill be left.

iMarians wrote

Hi All,

I have a question about the Tapo Camera C200.

Is it possible to set the default quality image to "High Quality"? Because every time that I set the quality image value to High the system reset the value to low when I close and reopen the iPhone App.

Thank you. Regards.

Mariano

Options
2022-01-31 06:31:02

@Dangerous_Brian Not sure if the last firmware (1.1.16 Build 211209 Rel 37726n 4555) changed anything, but mine now stays on HQ.  Closed the app, relaunched, still HQ.  This is on iPhone 11 IOS 15.2.1

Options
Related Articles