RE210 won't connect to wifi username/passowrd is incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-20 08:36:19
Model: RE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I try to set up the device to connect with the wifi the screen message will appear as wrong username & pass. How do i fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE210 won't connect to wifi username/passowrd is incorrect
2019-12-20 09:59:46

@Mr_benky 

Hello, please select your home wifi and use the main router's wifi password to configure the RE210. 

Below is the instruction to configure it. Please give it a shot. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re210/#video

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/702/

If still the same, try to update the firmware or change the wireless settings of the main router to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-04 10:31:49

@Kevin_Z 

Still the extender won't connect to my wifi. as soon as I enter the default user/pass (admin) through quick setup it takes me to the blank page saying user is wrong. 

what is odd this is only happning in my home but when I take the extender to my work place it can be easily connected to the internet. Weird because its the same internet company and same wifi device. 

Options
2020-02-05 14:00:36

@Mr_benky 

Please hard reset it first by holding the reset  button/hole for 1s with the extender powered on.

Then try to change another web browser or another device to configure this RE210.

And what is the model number of the main router? Have you ever tried to update its firmware and customize its wireless settings?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1849

Replies: 3