Port forwarding on main router to communicate with Deco M9 remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-21 01:52:54 - last edited 2019-12-21 01:57:38
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Currently my Deco M9 Plus is configured as access point mode sitting behind a router that is handling DHCP.

While on local WiFi, my Deco app on my mobile can communicate with the AP seamlessly, but I am not able to access it remotely with the current configuration.

Previously I had no issues accessing it remotely when the M9 Plus was set up as router mode and using as primary router.

I suspect the Deco app requires certain port forwarding on the main router to communicate with the M9 Plus, but I can't find such information online. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I am using TP Link LB120 and HS110 at home and have no issues communicating remotely via TP Link Kasa app. Are both apps using different communicating ports?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port forwarding on main router to communicate with Deco M9 remotely
2019-12-23 02:48:55

@Joe.Wee 

Hello, as long as you bind the Deco M9 plus to your cloud account, it can be controlled remotely via Deco app when it works in AP mode. 

You can turn on the cellular data on your cellphone and verify whether you can access the Deco app. 

Note: Please ensure that you can get internet with 4G turned on. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 937

Replies: 1