AX mode no longer works after galaxy s10/s10+ Android 10 update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-22 08:48:59 - last edited 2020-01-03 13:54:26
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Stock

I can confirm AX no longer works on my ax3000 tplink as it just crashes the router each time i try connecting.  If i reset the router and go in to the firmware advanced wifi section mode and change both 2.

4 and 5ghz to anything lower than ax it works perfectly.

This happened as soon as i did the android 10 update on my galaxy s10. For the record ax mode worked perfect before and still works perfect when i tried with an asus ax brand and netgear brand router which isolates this issue to tplink.  After all i bought this router for ax capabilities and not to be another ac router.

So will there be a firmware update to squish this bug?

Fyi, the router actually.crashes when you try connecting your s10 to it and all devices in the house loose their connections. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:AX mode no longer works after galaxy s10/s10+ Android 10 update -Solution
2020-01-03 13:53:32 - last edited 2020-01-03 13:54:26
I got it to work! At least in 5ghz mode. What I did was clear the cache in the phone by holding the power+volumeup+bixby while powering up the phone. I selected AX in the router bios and I can confirm it is working again. Phone shows a 6 next to wifi symbol on top right. 2.4 still glitches out so im leaving in N mode. Tplink still needs to get AX working on 2.4 as the performance loss is crazy and i have alot of devices on 2.4. Its still strange this problem only affected the TPlink AX router and not other brands. I will post again if my phone ends up crashing the router again and i will countinue to test.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-01-14 02:18:32 - last edited 2020-01-17 09:56:07

Hi @Shaun_L and all,

Sorry to respond late; we have noticed this issue reported by you customers and we have been working on it in the past few weeks. 

We did a test at our lab, and we kind of duplicated this issue and located the root cause; we have released an official statement and offered a temporary solution, see attached below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2751/

Besides, the official firmware will be released within this week, please keep an eye on the official website for the updates. 

If need any further help, be free to let us know.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:AX mode no longer works after galaxy s10/s10+ Android 10 update
2019-12-22 17:55:58

@Shaun_L 

I don't have this problem yet, because my Note 10 plus and Note 9 is not updated yet to Android 10. So if that is so, I better hold off until TP link indeed makes a Firmware update for that. 

However I have trouble to get my IFTTT to work with my router. I have authorised it and bound to it, but whatever I do it does not give me the option when in the Applets or IFTTT options to get to choose my router ID in the pull down menu. I have tried every possible option, it just does not show the Router ID in the list . How is that going with you ? Have you connected it with IFTTT ? I want to see some messages or email when a new device is added. 

Secondly I am struggling to understand 2 menus in the Firmware. One is in the DHCP server regarding reserving mac addresses the other in security, Access Control and DHCP Reservation Binding. I don't know if those do the same thing. Or the Whitelist does the same thing. Because it seems you can't use both at the same time it appears to me. Any suggestions ?

Kind Regards,

KJ

Options
2019-12-22 19:10:46

@KJILM123 

Havnt tried working with ifttt yet. I just setup the basics wirh ax.

Ive been continuing to test this glitch and always comes up the same. As soon as a galaxy s10 gets in range of the ax3000 and tries to connect, it crashes the whole network.

We have one s10 not updated yet and it works without issues. The note 9 and note 10 should be exactly the same as the s10 series.

I bet when you get your update it will kill your router unless you disable ax.

Its sad the galaxy line in general is the most popular line of cell devices on the planet and this router is now becoming incompatible. 

Options
2019-12-22 23:32:00

@Shaun_L

Looks like others over at android central are also reporting this issue so it looks like im not alone.

In a few weeks the remaining s10/+ note10 will all be android 10 and this is gonna  be a disaster.  Hope they fix this asap.

Options
2019-12-23 00:26:49

@Shaun_L 

I am talking to support about it, they will now look into it. laugh

Options
2020-01-03 13:03:27
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I've been without wifi6 AX now for two weeks and its driving me crazy. Someone on android central said tplink updated the software and its working now but that doesnt make sense since my firmware is still from October and when I hit update it does not detect a new firmware. https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-s10-plus/987652-wifi6-broke-after-android-10-update-s10-plus.html Thats the post where someone said it was fixed. I'm confused now.
Options
2020-01-03 13:53:32 - last edited 2020-01-03 13:54:26
I got it to work! At least in 5ghz mode. What I did was clear the cache in the phone by holding the power+volumeup+bixby while powering up the phone. I selected AX in the router bios and I can confirm it is working again. Phone shows a 6 next to wifi symbol on top right. 2.4 still glitches out so im leaving in N mode. Tplink still needs to get AX working on 2.4 as the performance loss is crazy and i have alot of devices on 2.4. Its still strange this problem only affected the TPlink AX router and not other brands. I will post again if my phone ends up crashing the router again and i will countinue to test.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-01-11 06:09:22

Problem started here also after my Samsung Galaxy Note+ updated a few days ago.  Whenever I leave the AX3000 coverage area and then return, I get the "cannot get IP" error on the phone so I  must reboot the AX3000.  It will then allow the phone to connect.  After the reboot I'm fine until the next time I leave home and return.  I've tried all the steps I've found in web posts but the problem continues.  I've tried the various reboots holding the volume up and down buttons with Power button, cleared cache, reset network, changed phone name, forgot network, etc...    All was fine before the update. 

Options
2020-01-11 11:09:31

@mr-b 

Have you cleared the cache? Did you disable the 2.4ghz ax and drop 2.4 to n mode? That was the only wsy i could get 5ghz ax to work. Our router unfortunately doesnt have an 2.4ac mode or at least i couldnt find it so performance suffers like crazy on 2.4 channel.

Somehow 2.4ax is interfering with 5ghz in the router like its somehow overloading it.

Definately a huge bug because really the average person should bot have to figure out to clear there cache or turn off ax capabilities on 2.4.

If none of my methods worked, did your problem clear up dropping back to ac mode on 5ghz and n mode on 2.4?

Options
2020-01-11 15:41:50

@Shaun_L  I cannot get my s10 plus to connect to my ax3000 at all. It never has and I have tried everything from a factory reset of the phone to a complete factory reset of the router and IP reservation.  It just won't connect.  I am with you compatibility is a huge issue with these devices.

Options
2020-01-12 14:38:57 - last edited 2020-01-14 02:18:49

@streghan13 

You should be able to get into it to get it working. Use a paperclip and reset the router again holding for 10 seconds. Once finished unplug the router completely for 10 seconds. Finally turn it back on.

You should see at least 2.4 wifi or 5ghz wifi popup for it. Make sure your phone is close proxiamity. attempt to connect to the router and then load up the browser on your phone and type 192.168.0.1 (my preference is chrome from app store).  It should get you into the initial bios setup. Bypass the setup entirely and head straight for the advanced wifi settings. Disable ax on 2.4 and 5ghz and then save. It should work.

Its horrible we have to do this to get it to work. I was able to get my AX working on 5ghz as long as 2.4 ax was disabled.

TP-Link is someone working on this fix? Still no bioses released as I check almost every day and I'm still stuck on the october 2019 release.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5973

Replies: 20